Can I run two transducers? Would like to run Garmin 93UHD GT-54 and GT8HW-IH

Was wanting to put new Garmin 93svUHD on dash, run the the GT-54 on a jackplate mount and a in-hull for hi-speed sonar (GT8W-1H)? Garmin says it's not doable with the splitter because the GT-54 is a 3 in-1 so unit won't know which transducer to use for sonar so it will get an error message. Anybody have a way around this? Almost ready to return it and get a 'Bird. I have a 2010 Nitro Z-9 and external mount will have to be way up under the back to get sonar at speed.

DC

2. Banned
    Sorry I dont know numbers off hand but that sounds exactly like what I have. A 93 SV plus on the dash. an 8 glued in the bilge for flasher and 2d while on plane and one ( 54 ? 52?) on a jackplate mount for clear and sideview. Had to buy a Y cable but everything works.

3. Member
    I have 2 93 sv plus at helm with a Gt 30 mounted outside of boat and a gt 8 epoxied inside of the bilge both connected to a y cable then all 3 of my 93 sv plus connected to a gms 10 for sharing works great.
    2019 Ranger Z 518 L
    200 Merc Pro XS 4 Stroke
    2016 Chaparral 246 SSI
    350 Mercruiser
    On new boat # 10

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon Cashdollar View Post
    Was wanting to put new Garmin 93svUHD on dash, run the the GT-54 on a jackplate mount and a in-hull for hi-speed sonar (GT8W-1H)? Garmin says it's not doable with the splitter because the GT-54 is a 3 in-1 so unit won't know which transducer to use for sonar so it will get an error message. Anybody have a way around this? Almost ready to return it and get a 'Bird. I have a 2010 Nitro Z-9 and external mount will have to be way up under the back to get sonar at speed.

DC
    The y-cable configuration with the inhull GT8 will not work with the GT54 like Support indicated. You need to replace the GT54 with either the GT30 or GT34 (these xducers only have Side and Down, not 2D) to get what you want.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Can I jump in here for a moment ? I'm not disputing anything here . Maybe Dropdeadfred has the GT30 or GT34 and not the GT54. At any rate I'm about to switch my boat over to Garmin. Two graphs and the Force trolling motor. If I am required to to use the GT30 or the GT34 so I can use the y cable for a 2D puck in the hull , can you explain the difference in the 2 transducers ? Not sure why I would choose one over the other. I will be installing 2 122SV and the livescope. Will need depth readout at speed.

Thanks and I hope I am not hi jacking the op.
    GETFISHED !!!

6. Member
    Thanks Todd. That's what I thought. Just stinks because the GT54UHD is 1200kHz and the GT30 is only 850kHz so I assume that I would get better images with the 54. I'm thinking getfished is correct and dropdeadfred must have a 30 series SV transducer. I'm going to have to rethink my setup. Didn't plan on $300 more for transducers that would be a step down from what was in the box.

7. Member
    Well, the more I read here and there , the more I understand. I am going to have to make some decisions also. For the money it's going to cost me to install a Force trolling, 2 12"
    graphs, and a livescope, it seems like BS to have to step down in quality on my transom transducer just so I can get 2D depth readings at speed.

I will have to look at the specs on the GT30 and GT34 to try to learn more about them.
    GETFISHED !!!

8. Member
    I was looking on Garmin's site and I don't see a GT 34. I do see a GT30 . Is there a transducer named a GT 34 ?
    GETFISHED !!!

9. Banned
    Ok just went and checked. Originally I had 2 graphs the y cable and the 2d 8 in the bilge,, and the Clear/sideview GT 30 on a jackplate mount.
    I added a force and the front graph is now using the 54 (knew I saw a 54 somewhere) that is built into the Force trolling motor. Although it should be capable of using any of the 3. Trying to decide if I want to add livescope or not. Dont get much out of what I have now to be honest.

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    I was looking on Garmin's site and I don't see a GT 34. I do see a GT30 . Is there a transducer named a GT 34 ?
    Yes, see link for GT34.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/61...n/010-12776-00
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

11. Member
    Thank you. I spent a fair amount of time on Garmin's website but didn't see this. Not sure why I couldn't locate it. Now if I can understand the difference between the GT30 & GT34.
    GETFISHED !!!

12. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Here are the specs for the two....Look at the chart and compare the specs...:

GT30: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/54...01961-00#specs

GT34: https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/61...12776-00#specs

Also here is a PDF guide for all transducers, they also have the specs listed for each one.

https://www8.garmin.com/marine/PDF/t...tion_guide.pdf
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Both transducers are strong performers, but the GT34 has only the UHD frequencies (800 for ClearVu, 1200 for SideVu), and the SideVu begins to fade at water depths of 25 feet or so. Therefore, make your decision based on the maximum depths you fish. If you frequently search in water deeper than 25 feet, go with the GT30.
    Garmin Pro Team

14. Member
    Thanks guys. I will study. Sounds like the GT34 is going to make the most sense to me.
    GETFISHED !!!