How's Kerr Doing?

I'm heading down in the middle of October and just wondering how the lake has been fishing this year. I haven't been there in several years, but looking forward to spending 4-5 days getting reacquainted. Will be going out of Grassy Creek, Occaneechi, and maybe Rudds Creek. How about the restaurants in Clarksville, have all of them survived the pandemic?

I have not fished it lately but recent trip to Bobcats we ate at a sandwich shop on Main Street, called the Bobbing Cork. Boars Head meats, great sandwiches.

"I'm just looking for a bite"

3. Member
    You'll probably get a better idea if you post this about a week before you go. There's a good BBQ place in South Hill called Rising Smoke. They may be carry out only at this time

4. Member
    Spent the past 5 days out there and the fish are scattered. With the raising water levels, some fished move shallow while others stayed deep.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

Heading down in the morning, be there at daylight for 4 days. Are they biting?

6. Member
    Last weekend they were not. It should pick up now that the storm is gone.
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Heading down in the morning, be there at daylight for 4 days. Are they biting?
    They were for me yesterday. Went there to check some sonar equipment and kept seeing fish, so I caught a few-----just because. Stayed with-in 3 miles on both sides of the Grassy Creek bridge at Longwood.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I'm heading down in the middle of October and just wondering how the lake has been fishing this year. I haven't been there in several years, but looking forward to spending 4-5 days getting reacquainted. Will be going out of Grassy Creek, Occaneechi, and maybe Rudds Creek. How about the restaurants in Clarksville, have all of them survived the pandemic?
    Not sure if it is still open but the best resturant I have ever ate at in or near Clarksville, VA and it has been some time is The Copper Kettle". Probable have to ask around Clarksville exactly where it is located on the hwy that goes through Clarksville. I believe it is located in Boykin, Va on hwy that goes through Clarksville.

9. Member
    Brians Steakhouse was always my favorite place to eat in South Hill but I hear it burned down this year. Topwater bite should be good all day. Good luck