Echomap 122sv and LakeVü g3 Ultra East

Today was my first day on the water with the Echomap 122sv and LakeVü g3 Ultra East card. I do have some interference with the graphs on 2d. However, I have not installed those things that clip around the cables. I also didn't install the ground on the back cover of the graphs. Overall, I am pretty impressed over the HDS Gen 3 units I had. Everything for now is just set on auto until I have more time to plan with the units. In the mean time, can you help me out with the following questions?

Echomap 122sv
    Is there a A Scope setting from the Garmin Echomap 122 or equivalent? I like using that for drop shot.
    Should I ground the back of the graph with the regular ground?

LakeVü g3 Ultra East
    How do I know I am actually using the card I have paid for? On the Lowrance it would ask if I wanted to switch mapping cards when I inserted the card.
    Is there a way to change the waypoint icon size and color?
    Can I show the channel as a different color? On the Lowrance units it was just orange and helped with these East lakes where you really should not be running outside of the channel.
    I thought there was a auto lake level adjustment with this premium card? Seems I have to manually set the offset?
    How do I find my waypoints quickly on the lake to go to them?

2. Member
    Read the online manuals. They dont give u everything but they are a good start. Also put it into simulator mode and mess with it off the water. That will help you as well. These Garmin's are really easy to learn. Yes there is an A scope setting for sonar. Its in the menu. You can't mess them up so go ahead and mess with your unit.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski;[URL="tel:11386226"
    11386226[/URL]]Read the online manuals. They dont give u everything but they are a good start. Also put it into simulator mode and mess with it off the water. That will help you as well. These Garmin's are really easy to learn. Yes there is an A scope setting for sonar. Its in the menu. You can't mess them up so go ahead and mess with your unit.

Are you serious with this crap? No help at all *******

4. Member
    Hmmm! Okay, well.... try this.
    Don't read the manual
    Don't use simulator mode
    Don't mess with it off the water.
    Let us know how that works out.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
    Ok. You dont want to obviously read the operations manual. As you see from all the responses you did not get maybe you should read the manual. It is your choice to learn the basic operation of your unit or not. And yes I am serious with this crap. I did answer your question that there is an A scope setting. Its in the sonar menu if you will open it up. I had a marine electronic shop install my units and I dont have any interference problems. But I dont know how to answer your installation question. So sorry about that. I did not get negative or nasty with your post. Just trying to point you in the right direction. There is a lot of good help here by well intended people.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 09-19-2020 at 11:39 PM.

6. Member
    No, I don't want to read the manual. I am on a board that is specifically designed to help people. So, obviously, you are going to pick and choose who you are going to help and not help with a dumb response like, go read the manual. If I wanted to do that or any other person on this entire board, this board would not be around.

7. Member
    Yes, I pick and choose whose questions I try to answer. So you think you are doing us a favor by asking questions. So now we owe you! You act like we are hired help that's falling down on the job. To point out to someone the value of reading the manual is dumb? I need to add to my previous post.
    Don't read the manual
    Don't use simulator mode
    Don't mess with it off the water.
    When someone offers #1 advice, for free, that you asked for, insult them.
    Let us know how that works out. Apparently you have some experience doing it.
    At this rate, the only help you are going to get is from reading the manual.
    Or you could call Garmin Support 800-800-1020. They get paid to help you.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 09-20-2020 at 06:54 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
    That was a good response actually. You should be banned.

9. Member
    Good for you Tromonoski you are spot on, first thing I did when I installed my my Echomap ultra and livescope system las year was go to school, read the manual 8 times probably, watched dozens of u tube videos and read hundreds of blog posts and oh yea have talked with garmin tech support at least 4 times to better understand my sonar settings and the footprint of the transducers I run. Had a great time and still learning by reading and taking advice from good folks willing to offer it. Tight lines.

slssimcoe