G-Loomis Comparable Cranking Rods

I have 2 G Loomis cranking rods which to me are the best on the planet...though expensive. They are medium action, moderate-fast, 7'. What other rods are comparable to these? I have bought a Lews, and though it has the same specs it is obvious that manufacturers do not have a standard as far as the specs and the Lews is NO where near the G Loomis.

2. Member
    Can’t beat Dobyns cranking lineup. 705cb sounds like what you are looking for in there lineup.

Loomis IMX Pro CBR

4. Member
    Kistlers fish and reel series rod is outstanding . They are Loomis quality rods . My cranking rod for square bills with reel , line and crank bait weighs 14 oz . You can feel a minnow hit on your crank baits .

5. Member
    Loomis makes really good rods but they are a little pricey. I stick with the E6x rods. I do have some st.Croix that I like but they aren't as good as Loomis. I was looking at rods today at sportsmans warehouse, "made in china" label eliminates nearly every rod they sell. I have one Cashion rod for cranks that I like.
    Last edited by chatabass; 09-26-2020 at 02:57 PM.

6. Member
    Best cranking rod on the planet right now is Daiwa BLX round bend. Got mine at the Tackle trap and plan to buy more