What a Monster Boat

I was dunking my G3 at Leesylvania last week and two guys pulled in beside me with a 40 ft white Fountain with two monster V8 engines. I commented to the owner that it sure looked like a 90 mph boat and he said oh yeh, and then some, but I rarely run it over 80. He claimed it was once one of Pete fountain's boats. When he cranked it up the ground shook and then he was out of sight in minutes. He said they were going to make a "little" run up to D.C. and back. Big bucks I am sure and really beautiful.

2. Member
    Been a lot of those big go-fasters launching over the last few weeks. Yes, they will go!

3. Member
    Go !!! Gas station to Gas station. Had a friend that lived up by NYC and he used to ride with a guy in a boat like that; went out of a NJ harbor across from NYC, around the Statue of Liberty and up and down the Hudson a little and it was $300 worth of gas.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.s View Post
    Go !!! Gas station to Gas station. Had a friend that lived up by NYC and he used to ride with a guy in a boat like that; went out of a NJ harbor across from NYC, around the Statue of Liberty and up and down the Hudson a little and it was $300 worth of gas.
    Several hundred grand in the boat these guy's don't even care about how much gas it burns just fill it up and hull ass. A lot of people now days have a lot of stupid money. Times are not as bad as the news media try's to make it out to be.
    04 521VX 250 Pro XS
    14 521C 250 Pro XS

5. mikesxpress
    I don't fault anyone for buying and safely using what they want. If we could get more folks playing golf vs fishing I'm all for that too!

6. Banned
    Not sure what all of this discussion has to do with Potomac River bass fishing. Isn't that what this bulletin board pertains too?

7. mikesxpress
    Jerry maybe you need to lighten up and contribute.
    The Potomac board gets varied threads on multiple topics. Some related to the river fishing and some not. If your not interested, move along. No point in sniping those that actually contribute to the board.

8. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    I think this might fall under "Floating Hazzards Found On The Potomac" topics.

9. Member
    Never saw a bass boat that big before....just saying. And it didn't have a trolling motor.

10. Member
    Trolling motor is under the water line, called thrusters! LOL