Thread: Motorguide Xi5

Motorguide Xi5

Does this motor have 2 GPSs like the new Garmin & Lowrance trolling motors?

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

it has 2 antennas

3. Member
    It has to parts to the GPS. One goes in the head the other goes in the control box with a coil cable inbetween.

Is this something that has been added recently or has it always had 2? My Xi5 is still performing after 5 years. Just looking into the future.

Thanks

5. Member
    I have worked on several and they were all that way. Unless they new models are different.

You were one of the guys that never could find us. USN/SS

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I have worked on several and they were all that way. Unless they new models are different.

You were one of the guys that never could find us. USN/SS
    Found the Alexander Hamilton a couple of times. lol

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnieG View Post
    Found the Alexander Hamilton a couple of times. lol

8. Member
    Motorguide XI5 bought 2016 cable from head to unit coming apart dry rotten called they said buy a new one no help

9. Member
    [QUOTE=hulett;11434263]Motorguide XI5 bought 2016 cable from head to unit coming apart dry rotten called they said buy a new one no help

They are right. Replace the coil cable. 2 wires to connect on both end. Easy peasy

The new modules is different than the old one. The part that goes under to cover at the top now has a plug and both parts no longer are rubber coated. I just replaced it but I'm still having issues

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urbanhick View Post
    The new modules is different than the old one. The part that goes under to cover at the top now has a plug and both parts no longer are rubber coated. I just replaced it but I'm still having issues
    What issues are you still having after you replaced the GPS?

What issues are you still having after you replaced the GPS?
    Heading lock drifts back and forth and sometimes will do a complete circle anchor lock sometimes works but the head spins around 180 before it locks. I recalibrated it a dozen times and also rest the board a few times so I'm at my wits end. New version of the GPS plugged into the old style control board might be the issue or I was sold a bad gps module which cost 350 bucks and no warranty on electrical parts. I'm going to order a new board to see if that helps. Motor worked flawlessly for 7 years.

13. Member
    That is very possible. They have an update for the control board that they send out. It is on a plug in dunkle. They only have a set number of them and the line is long to get them. I would get a new board and go from there. With everything new it should work right, but I am just guessing.

That is very possible. They have an update for the control board that they send out. It is on a plug in dunkle. They only have a set number of them and the line is long to get them. I would get a new board and go from there. With everything new it should work right, but I am just guessing.
    They sent me the dongle when it was new, the gps stopped working and that fixed it. I mentioned that to them when I emailed them about the new GPS module not working and they said that was for the first gen units and told me to take to an authorized repair center.