Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well I called Sherm’s Monday and they said the prop shaft came in. I figured it would take them a day or two to get it done, since in my opinion, should have been a priority, since they’ve had the boat for over 5 months! Called them today to see if it’s done and was told they haven’t gotten to it yet! I asked if they have even welded the skeg or sent the prop out yet and was told that none of that has been done and the guy that they were going to send it to is on vacation now. Wouldn’t you think that all of that should have been taken care of months ago, while they were waiting on the prop shaft to arrive? Who knows how long it will be now! I’m just upset about this whole ordeal, it’s just been a nightmare! I understand parts are taking awhile but there’s no excuse for five months and all of this other stuff could have already been taken care of, so that it would be ready to go when the prop shaft arrived.
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

2. Member
    If it broke the skeg and bent the prop shaft why didn't your insurance company replace the lower unit. You really don't want a welded skeg on a boat capable of running in the high 70's.

My insurance will cover whatever Sherm’s says needs done! I thought the same thing about having it welded but they said they do it all of the time! From what I was told I believe they were going take it to Mark Croxton to look at it and fix prop. What I don’t understand is why this part wasn’t done months ago, so it would have been ready to go?
    2008 Camo Xpress H18 with 2021 Mercury 150 Pro XS 4S Serial # 3B021969

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12