Thread: E-15

Question E-15

What do we all do if the EPA allows E-15 to be dispensed in pumps labeled as E-10 (as is being proposed). I purchase ethanol free 90% of the time, but sometimes it's not convenient. Does the use E-15 void a SHO warranty?

2. Member
    I think they tell you not to run E-15 in the engine period. So E-15 will ruin a lot of engines. Not just outboards. The EPA as left wing as it could possibly get in the future would have to phase E-15 in if they were going to do away with E-10. The pumps would also more than likely have to be labeled E-15 so the customer knows that it what they are putting in their vehicle etc. To big of a liability for that to happen in my opinion.

3. Member
    trump tweeted that he would allow them to sell e-15 in pumps labeled for E-10, pending states approval, thats about the only thing that he has ever done during his presidency that upset me

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbler336 View Post
    trump tweeted that he would allow them to sell e-15 in pumps labeled for E-10, pending states approval, thats about the only thing that he has ever done during his presidency that upset me
    I'm with you on that being my only problem with him. That's why I asked the question. E-15 in E-10 labeled pumps is not good.

5. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Ain't going to happen. If they're selling E-15, it would be labeled E-15. Even a rag-tag, ambulance chasing lawyer would have a field day with that. Just a little politics being played. Nothing more.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by headhigh View Post
    Ain't going to happen. If they're selling E-15, it would be labeled E-15. Even a rag-tag, ambulance chasing lawyer would have a field day with that. Just a little politics being played. Nothing more.
    Agreed. With all the motors that would be ruined if they ran E-15 in them, no way would the Oil Companies do this. Even if Trump tweeted he would be ok with them selling E-15. I worked most of my career for Marathon Oil Company, one of the largest producers of gasoline in the country. They have a very robust quality control department that tests and retests their gasoline. So if they sold E-15 gasoline, they would make sure the customer new what they were buying.