FXR - Atlas Jack Plate Setting Recommendations

What is the recommended setting on the Atlas jackpkate gauge for trailering and running?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_Hubbard View Post
    What is the recommended setting on the Atlas jackpkate gauge for trailering and running?

Should be all the way down for trailering. As for running its condition dependent I have found 6-7 is a good all around spot when on the water but adjust if needed.

3. Member
    As Mark Perry said (also my dealership) trailering all the way down. Mine seems to like it around 12 but adjust depending on chop/waves. Think is also depends how you load your boat. I for one am running 5 batteries and have way too much tackle on it as I leave it at the lake and don't think about hauling what I want every time I go out.

4. Member
    Trailering all the way down. Will slightly vary boat to boat, conditions, and load. Mine likes 6-8 getting on pad and WOT 17-19 at 75% trim 73-74mph all day. By far best Skeeter I’ve owned and ran.

I totally misread this. I was thinking it was for a regular FX. As I am learning my ZXR is a totalky different Skeeter than anything before. Mine seems to run best above 10.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Skeeter View Post
    Trailering all the way down. Will slightly vary boat to boat, conditions, and load. Mine likes 6-8 getting on pad and WOT 17-19 at 75% trim 73-74mph all day. By far best Skeeter I’ve owned and ran.
    This

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    This
    Are you running the stock prop?

8. Member
    Yes sir

9. Member
    Yes sir
    Thank you, looking forward to getting my hands on my FXR 20, ordered this week.

10. Member
    Congrats, your going to love it once you get some seat time and acclimated to the new hull. In my opinion best all around boat out there by far.

11. Member
    i'm coming from a basscat... they like it really low. Is this right to run that high?! that's at and above prop to pad. how do you not sling blades at this height?
    2023 Skeeter FXR20
    Lake Guntersville

Running - 17 is the sweet spot

Trailering - I like it on 2
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO