Thread: Salmon River?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Salmon River?

Hey guys, anything started on the Salmon River yet? I'm hoping to make my first trip ever up for some salmon. If anyone is willing to take a first timer and show me the ropes I'd love to go with you!!!

2. Member
    Hearing they are starting...good luck ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

3. Member
    Thur sept 17 my 2 buddies at salmon river normally do well but reported no hook ups all day , at the ball park

4. Member
    I thought DEC closed parts of the salmon river because of low water levels. Check the DEC web site for clarification. I don't fish for salmon in the rivers, so I can't quote the last DEC email I got regarding the salmon river.

5. Member
    Fly fishing zone is closed due to low water levels. The salmon run usually starts end of August and continues through September.
    my cousin fishes that river a lot and the run is slow but it’s consist. Low water keeps the salmon down towards the lake and really impedes the salmon run 3-4 years from now. It can be a blast Though when it gets good. you’re always guaranteed to see a Bosnian and a guy from jersey threatening each other over a half dead salmon. Sometimes when the fishing is slow, sitting back and watching the show makes a fun day

good rule of thumb, if the fish is silver it’s good eating. The second they start to lose color is when I wouldn’t consider keeping them. They get a funky taste fast
    Last edited by ECobb91; 09-19-2020 at 08:37 PM.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

We were going to go up in two weeks but cancelled our trip because of the lack of water and the lower fly stretch is closed. If we get some good steady rain soon you may see a good run of fish but it may be short.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Thanks for all the replies fellas. Planning a trip hopefully in 3 weeks if they get rain.

8. Member
    I have gone up the last 3 weekends in a row and only 2 fish so far. Next week is supposed to see some rain which should push the salmon thru. let me know when you plan on going and I will probably be there also. My son and I mostly fish the ball park or the staircase. It should be getting good soon! you can text or call me 917-807-3801 Bill Garcia

9. Member
    on Lake Hartwell in Westminster, SC 29693
    boat + trailer hole ftw

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    buddy is up there today will let you know how he does.

11. Member
    billybas, we are heading up fri the 9th early(leaving pa at 3am) and leaving the 11th in the late afternoon. i will def get ahold of you and see if you are around! been raining here all day and i see theyre calling for rain a few days next week!

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    he said caught (1) 40lber.

13. Member
    drove through pulaski yesterday coming back from Clayton yesterday, what a scene that was. Shoulder to shoulder basically.

14. Member
    The show is better than fishing sometimes. Watching people fight over a half decayed salmon is pretty fun to see
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04_triton View Post
    billybas, we are heading up fri the 9th early(leaving pa at 3am) and leaving the 11th in the late afternoon. i will def get ahold of you and see if you are around! been raining here all day and i see theyre calling for rain a few days next week!
    Jerry for what it's worth I have an 03 TR185...if the salmon aren't biting { we snag don't let me fool ya} we can talk about our older paid for boats!! definitely will look for you up there!

No one can be wrong that often so it has to be deliberate.

17. Member
    Well looks like I am going up again Saturday morning....I will report the findings!

18. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    heard the catches have been great ..

19. Member

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

20. Member
    It seems to happen to me quite often....I had a mechanical issue with my truck Friday afternoon and didn't get up there till Saturday afternoon. Apparently Saturday morning was the best of days.
    We hooked up about 10 times on Sunday morning landing 4 of them. There were a lot of people catching them. It is absolutely getting better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast