Mega 360 or Livecope on the bow?

I am going to post this in the Garmin forum also because I am looking for the most info.

Looking to go with a new system this offseason. I am running a 7" Helix now so I know I would have to upgrade no matter which direction I go. I plan to keep the Helix up and running If I go Livescope so I can keep my shared info.

To give you an idea how I would use it, I fish alot of docks in 8 foot or less of water and would like to be able to scan them to see if fish or baitfish are on them. I also fish grass in 8 foot or less of water also. I would say I fish 70 to 80% of the time on docks throughout the bodies of water I fish.

What do you guys think? Which would be a better option?

2. Member
    So I'll be your huckleberry. In my opinion I would go with livescope. I say that being a humminbird guy. I have gen 1 360 and I truly love it and plan on going to mega in the off season possibly. I have not used mega to say if you can see under docks but I would think livescope would be a better fit to your style of fishing. I use 360 to see rocks, edges etc but i need to cast to each to figure out what is holding fish. In a perfect world i would go with mega 360 and livescope being the only units I needed up front but my money faucet has about run dry....

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Is budget an factor? Been through a lot of these both installs and use on my personal boat. IMO you can run livescope on as small as a 9" screen and have good results, to me IMO no less than a 12" for mega 360. I run both and that is ultimate. Crappie fishing at all then the livescope is the only way to go. finding structure the Mega360 is king.

4. Member
    So, you need both...

Run the one best for your current location and shut the other one off?

Quote Originally Posted by Basseditor View Post
    So, you need both...

Run the one best for your current location and shut the other one off?
    I wish. LOL

My feeling is the with perspective mode on the Garmin you get 360ish tech also with the Livescope to boot.

6. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by xm sean View Post
    I am going to post this in the Garmin forum also because I am looking for the most info.

Looking to go with a new system this offseason. I am running a 7" Helix now so I know I would have to upgrade no matter which direction I go. I plan to keep the Helix up and running If I go Livescope so I can keep my shared info.

To give you an idea how I would use it, I fish alot of docks in 8 foot or less of water and would like to be able to scan them to see if fish or baitfish are on them. I also fish grass in 8 foot or less of water also. I would say I fish 70 to 80% of the time on docks throughout the bodies of water I fish.

What do you guys think? Which would be a better option?
    I'd say 360. You can't rely on livescope to find bass for you. Bass like to HIDE and AMBUSH prey. If they are hiding and ready to ambush, what makes you think you'll see them with livescope? 360 would be better for locating brush, tires, and the places they hide.

7. Member
    I have both. If you have the money to blow get both. 360 to locate fish, structure, and everything else you can think of. Then you can use to livescope to pin point your cast and presentation. Also lets you see how the fish react to certain baits. I tell my buddies if I could only pick one it would be 360 no doubt!!! You can turn the speed up on the 360 and track moving fish pretty well. Locating structure is super easy and with great accuracy and detail.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickstanislaus View Post
    I have both. If you have the money to blow get both. 360 to locate fish, structure, and everything else you can think of. Then you can use to livescope to pin point your cast and presentation. Also lets you see how the fish react to certain baits. I tell my buddies if I could only pick one it would be 360 no doubt!!! You can turn the speed up on the 360 and track moving fish pretty well. Locating structure is super easy and with great accuracy and detail.
    Both for the same reasons.

69163032-DD3C-41B7-B1E4-536009AED45C.jpeg

I had 360 and have M360 and 12" Helix on the bow. I love my M360 but my fishing environment is different from yours. I prefer to fish random planted brush piles in 12'-15' FOW. I idle over them and see if any body is home. If so I can set up in perfect position down wind and make my presentation. However your application in different from mine, I think Live Scope might be better for looking under docks.

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

10. Member
    I've got gen1 360 and Livescope.I think Livescope is better in deeper water, mine doesn't work well at all in 6-8ft of water with a hard bottom. For what you described I would choose M360. It would be nice if you knew someone with both to go with.