What to do? Livescope or Mega 360 on the bow?

I am going to post this in the Humminbird forum also because I am looking for the most info.

Looking to go with a new system this offseason. I am running a 7" Helix now so I know I would have to upgrade no matter which direction I go. I plan to keep the Helix up and running If I go Livescope so I can keep my shared info.

To give you an idea how I would use it, I fish alot of docks in 8 foot or less of water and would like to be able to scan them to see if fish or baitfish are on them. I also fish grass in 8 foot or less of water also. I would say I fish 70 to 80% of the time on docks throughout the bodies of water I fish.

What do you guys think? Which would be a better option?

Both.

but live scope works best in 6+ feet so m360 May be sweet for you. I don't have perspective so I can't compare that and that is very similar to m360 but live.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I dont have 360 but LS....i'll say that you get better pics with LS in deeper water.......
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Shallow??? In this screen shot there is no depth reading. That is because the trolling motor mounted DI/2D transducer was on the bottom or buried a few inches in the bottom mud. The MEGA 360 is just above the trolling motor prop. There are stumps and logs in the area.

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

5. Banned
    I run both and for that style of fishing its m360 by a mile. Even in deeper water they both have a place. Heck do what I did and get both :-)

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    I run both and for that style of fishing its m360 by a mile. Even in deeper water they both have a place. Heck do what I did and get both :-)
    . Are you running the ls on trolling motor also? If so motor or shaft. Thanks in advance.

7. Member
    Both. M360 to identify and locate cover. LS to identify quantity and quality of the fish. Both transducers are mounted to my ultrex.
    4AD69E94-C1DB-48C1-8FA3-8A058352FD86.jpeg

8. Member
    Mcqtr and pfisher - have tried perspective mode and like it a lot but no replacement for forward view accuracy. Been thinking if a second Livescope unit or H360 would be better for structure identification. Can you post more images and the install of how the two xdcrs line up? I have Fortrex TM and wondered if the 360 gets in the way of Livescope when rotated to towards the 360 mount.

Very interested

Quote Originally Posted by Mcqtr View Post
    Both. M360 to identify and locate cover. LS to identify quantity and quality of the fish. Both transducers are mounted to my ultrex.
    4AD69E94-C1DB-48C1-8FA3-8A058352FD86.jpeg

9. Banned
    See how two sensors work on one pole ...

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I could see using both but scope works great

11. Member
    Pretty easy choice for me . I use both but will never go fishing without mega 360 .

12. Member
    ^^^+1.

Like Greg, I use both and the M360 is more valuable IMO.