Stowing 360 changes Screens at console.

I am trying to figure out how to stop my screens from changing. I have a Ultrex 112 Link / 360 and 2 Helix 10's G2N (1 is DI and other is SI) at the bow. I have 2 Helix 12's G2N (1 is DI and other is SI) at the console. All these are linked through 2 net work hubs.

When I pull up the Ultrex and stow the unit and 360. Go back to the console and start up and start moving - my screens change to map. I usually have SI running on one and map and 2d on the other.

Anyone else have this happen. Hoping it is something easy in the setting.

Thanks.

Jake

N/M what I was thinking doesn't apply since you have G2N's
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Yes mine is doing the same thing. I think it has to do with the 360 setting after the update. I have to go into network and shut off (uncheck)the 360. That seems to make it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by smallmouthjake View Post
    I am trying to figure out how to stop my screens from changing. I have a Ultrex 112 Link / 360 and 2 Helix 10's G2N (1 is DI and other is SI) at the bow. I have 2 Helix 12's G2N (1 is DI and other is SI) at the console. All these are linked through 2 net work hubs.

When I pull up the Ultrex and stow the unit and 360. Go back to the console and start up and start moving - my screens change to map. I usually have SI running on one and map and 2d on the other.

Anyone else have this happen. Hoping it is something easy in the setting.

Thanks.

Jake
    Good luck. When I installed the M360 the console unit would randomly jump to map page. My partner on back deck wore himself out changing it back to M360. Spent hours on phone with HB. Checked voltage, checked all wiring connections, changed ports on hub, and changed hub. LOL. For whatever reason when I powered up my bow unit and it connected to network, it threw my console unit to map page. When I stowed trolling motor, it threw console unit to map page. HB finally ran out of solutions, said nobody had this issue but me and said the wiring in my brand new Ranger 2020 Ranger 521L was defective, foul. Installed latest update. The only time bow unit throws console unit to map page is when I store TM. It doesn't randomly throw console unit to map page as before. It's a software issue, don't let HB tell you your wiring is defective. LOL

2020 Ranger 521L Tour, 300 Mercury, 112 Minn Kota Ultrex
    3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

5. Member
    My HB units are doing the same exact thing! Has been doing it all season, thought maybe this new update would resolve the issue. Not so! I even unchecked 360 on my console unit and still either goes to a map or a window pops up about the 360, cant remember know what exactly it says. Definitely a software issue.
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

6. Member
    Mine does the same

7. Member
    I’m curious (as I don’t have MEGA 360) ...

If one changes the view to something other than 360 (on the unit connected to the MEGA 360) before pulling the 360 out of the water - does this gremlin still occur ..??

Rickie

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    I’m curious (as I don’t have MEGA 360) ...

If one changes the view to something other than 360 (on the unit connected to the MEGA 360) before pulling the 360 out of the water - does this gremlin still occur ..??

Rickie
    Yes. I can put my bow unit in standby and it throws my console unit to map page. Have spent hours with HB tech support on this issue and they informed me I was an isolated occurrence and obviously by boat wiring was defective????
    Last edited by electritek; 09-28-2020 at 10:35 PM.

3 12" Helix Units, Mega Si, Mega Di, Mega 360, Garmin 8412 W LiveScope mounted on Rite Hite Turret.

9. Member
    Yeah I wish the mega360 didn't automatically add itself under the network sources tab for all units on the network.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

10. Member
    I had the same issue with my G2. The latest software update (with the new basemap) totally solved it. If you haven't updated the software, you should.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by electritek View Post
    Yes. I can put my bow unit in standby and it throws my console unit to map page. Have spent hours with HB tech support on this issue and they informed me I was an isolated occurrence and obviously by boat wiring was defective????
    But have you tried physically changing the view to anything other than 360 (example change the view to sonar) before placing the unit in Standby ...??

(just throwing out ideas for possible workarounds) ...

Rickie
    Last edited by rnvinc; 09-29-2020 at 05:20 PM.

12. Member
    Both of our Demo boat had this issue, once we figured out which units had to be turned on first it went away. One demo has Solix, the other has Helix. In both cases the console units had to be tuned on first. That means hitting the exit button from the start up page first. The Demos with the Solix, has 2 console units, we had to figure out which one of them needed to be first, but once the console units turn on it didn't matter which of the 2 bow came next. The only time there will be any pop up is if you shut the bow unit, or power that the 360 was hooked to. Then the other units will get a message asking "Loss of 360, would you like to turn off". Hit yes/no and won't see it again, or would any other unit change view.

Quote Originally Posted by rnvinc View Post
    But have you tried physically changing the view to anything other than 360 (example change the view to sonar) before placing the unit in Standby ...??

(just throwing out ideas for possible workarounds) ...

Rickie
    Have never tried that.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by densik View Post
    Both of our Demo boat had this issue, once we figured out which units had to be turned on first it went away. One demo has Solix, the other has Helix. In both cases the console units had to be tuned on first. That means hitting the exit button from the start up page first. The Demos with the Solix, has 2 console units, we had to figure out which one of them needed to be first, but once the console units turn on it didn't matter which of the 2 bow came next. The only time there will be any pop up is if you shut the bow unit, or power that the 360 was hooked to. Then the other units will get a message asking "Loss of 360, would you like to turn off". Hit yes/no and won't see it again, or would any other unit change view.
    I always turn on console unit before my Bow unit (Mega 9 G3N). Also have the 360 unchecked on the console unit.
    Still the console unit will randomly change to mapping or like you stated, (Loss of 360 would you like to turn off). I dont understand why it would say that when I have the box unchecked on the networking screen. Has to be a software issue.
    2017 Ranger RT188 - Charcoal Metallic
    Passenger Console
    3 across seating/ 2 across seating at bow

Mercury 115 Pro XS 4s
    Spitfire X7 19p 4 blade prop
    Atlas Micro 4 inch Jackplate
    Mercmonitor Smartcraft
    Sportsman II Powerpole
    Minnkota Ultrex 80
    TH Marine Eliminator Nut
    Recirc livewell
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI G2N GPS console for navigation
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI GPS G3N bow
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega console
    Mega 360
    Boatbuckle G2 trailer retractable tiedowns

15. Member
    Interesting to hear others having this problem too. I am going to have to do the updates and see if that works.

When I start out in the morning off the dock I only have the 2 console units going. I always get notifications that 1 is not reconizing depth, 360, temp 1, 2 and 3. This drives me crazy too.

16. Member
    I have same problem and bad clutter on 360 with troll on