Thread: SF-21 Setup

SF-21 Setup

Hey guys,

New here and just purchased a 2000 SF-21 with Merc 200 EFI. 1 owner, engine bolted to transom running a 21P Mercury Vengeance. I have some mechanical issues to work out with the Merc before the season ends, then work on setup this winter.

Would like to about your successes with setback + engine height (maintaining good water pressure) + prop.

Please include performance numbers with your setup description any pros/cons. Look forward to starting from scratch with this boat.

Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Pretty boat . Don't know any thing about set-up on this boat . I would run it and see how it, do with the prop you have now.
    I would think a 4 blade prop would work better . Like a Rev-4 or Bravo 1 /4 blade with a full barrel on it to pick up the stern .
    But it may run good just like it is. It's up to you to drop $$$$ in to it . To get some more out of it.

3. Member
    Champ, I have an SF-21 w/ a 225 Opti. I run a 6” JP., prop is a 24 Mercury tempest+. You don’t need a 4 blade IMO. The tempest has great bow lift. Your 200 won’t spin a 24 to max RPMs but I’d go with the tempest for sure.

I’ve got my boat dialed in pretty good now. Zero chine walk at full trim. Speed around 65mph GPS.

I’ll measure my PTP and post it for you. This was key for me 1/4” higher and I get more blow out in turns, 1/4” lower the chine walk starts. Amazing what the JP does for them.

PS. I had a champ 190sx, great boat but the Triton is much nicer in every way.