New, but not new

Hey yall. This is John Jones, previous owner and posting as Jones Trolling Motor Services. As many of yall know, I sold Jones Trolling Motor last year to a group of very capable guys. I also trained them in trolling motor repair and trolling motors, however, somethings like the wiring and some of the older stuff is learned through experience. I will not monitoring the boards as closely as I use to due to the Cancer causing fatigue (yes, I sleep a lot). This means that PMs sent to Jones Trolling Motor may not be answered as promptly as they were in the past, before I sold. Jones Trolling Motor is continuing as a board sponsor, but I honestly don't know how much presence they will have offering advice though these forums. I do know they picked up Garmin before I left and I had the honor of attending a Garmin seminar, but even at that, it doesn't give me the working knowledge that is obtained by daily hands on. Same for Lowrance.
    I'm hoping to continue to offer advice to a great group of guys that I've spent 15yrs establishing a repertoire with. Yall take care.
    John

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Take care John....good to still see you around....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    good to hear from you. I was really worried about you. Take care and good luck. I will see you down the road.

4. Member
    Thanks. This place is what it is because of people like you that help a lot of people. I’ve learned about that fatigue recently. It’s real.

Nothing can take the place of "Experience" !!! Always glad to read your posts and gleam a little first hand knowledge !! Hope you can get thru your health issues, be safe and keep the Faith !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

6. Member
    I didn’t realize you had sold or had I heard about your health problems. Hope you are on the mend and thank you for being a board sponsor all those years and a wealth of knowledge. Trying to remember, I’ve probably only bought parts from you once or twice, but I know you helped me with answers more than that. Just wanted to say thanks again for your help over the years.

Wannabe...

7. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    John, any knowledge you can add to any of the post will be greatly appreciated and take care of yourself that is what really matters. We will send prayers that will help along the way and will be patient waiting for responses. You have helped many including myself with a wealth of knowledge and we thank you for that.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

Good to hear from you John. Prayers for you continue.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

9. Member
    Hope you regain some energy John. Hang in there.

10. Member
    Best of luck to ya.
    Thanks for helping us for all the years.
    You will be in our prayers.

11. Member
    Thanks guys. Prayers is what has got me where I am now. I really appreciate yall.