Thread: Helix G4N

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
  1. Member
    I just ordered the Helix 7di, and ram mount from Brian at BBG,free shipping. He said that he wished he could offer a better price, but with the new units coming out, prices are fairly tight. They had them in stock. So shipping isn't an issue.

2. Member
    FYI Folks are starting to get notifications that their G4N units are shipping.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    You cannot create any custom views with Helix units. There are many split screen views to choose from.

If you want to create custom views, a SOLIX will do that.
    I went through the owners manual and there wasn't anything on what split screens there will be to choose from. Do you have any idea on what splits will be available? Im mostly interested in a 70%, 15%, 15%.

4. Member
    Friend of mine has his 12 inch unit and went out for the first time this past weekend to try it out. I must say the image looked very crisp compared to my G2N unit could see more detail in individual fish on the side imaging. Was not over impressed with the G3 units that I had seen so far and have not had a push to upgrade but will likely now.

5. Member
    Are you comparing his 12 to another 12?!

also, I haven’t read anything yet to make me think there is a software or image clarity difference between a g3n and a g4n.
    i haven’t looked hard yet, but is there stat or document stating adding benefits in imagery from a g3n to a g4n?

Quote Originally Posted by bmwnc2 View Post
    Are you comparing his 12 to another 12?!

also, I haven’t read anything yet to make me think there is a software or image clarity difference between a g3n and a g4n.
    i haven’t looked hard yet, but is there stat or document stating adding benefits in imagery from a g3n to a g4n?
    Agreed with this. Based on what i've read so far from humminbird and dealers on this thread, there isn't going to be a difference in image quality from G3N to G4N. NMEA and Wifi seem to be the only semi meaningful additions.

7. Member
    Just saw the g4n in person today on the water. My friend purchased two units for his boat. Seen no difference whatsoever in image quality or much of anything else. Very minor upgrades if anything.

8. Member
    My local bass pro just told me (take for what it’s worth) the hbird rep said they are holding back inventory for thanksgiving and they plan to sell the 10 g3n for $1,000 like they did last year with the G2n. I hope this holds true and hope I get two of them :) :)

Attached Images Attached Images
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    Sweet!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

My local bass pro just told me (take for what it’s worth) the hbird rep said they are holding back inventory for thanksgiving and they plan to sell the 10 g3n for $1,000 like they did last year with the G2n. I hope this holds true and hope I get two of them :) :)
    The ones for last year's Black Friday sales were not regular G2N's. The were special run HW Promo units in the Helix 10 and Helix 12 SI models ONLY. The real G2N's were discontinued in 2018 and were on close-out sale in 2018.
    This is one of the threads discussing that special run unit:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1020279
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Not what I wanted to hear! Just purchased lightly used Helix 10 MDI+GPS & 12 MSI +GPS G3Ns....

13. Member
    Right so the g2n you are referring to Wayne are the better versions than the 2018, so not only was it a great deal it was also an upgrade from standard g2n models.

next and most important question yet to be answered .... 100 percent. Will the G3n support the mega live or will the G4n be required and if they don’t have an answer by holiday season that’s pretty sucky of them!!!

RMP just posted on my fb that g3n units will NOT support Mega Live.
    looks like I’ll be buying a helix 10 MDI g4n for front!
    Last edited by bmwnc2; 10-21-2020 at 03:30 PM.

14. Member
    THE 15" HELIX IS PRETTY LARGE..

IMG_6973.jpg

Right so the g2n you are referring to Wayne are the better versions than the 2018, so not only was it a great deal it was also an upgrade from standard g2n models.

next and most important question yet to be answered .... 100 percent. Will the G3n support the mega live or will the G4n be required and if they don’t have an answer by holiday season that’s pretty sucky of them!!!

RMP just posted on my fb that g3n units will NOT support Mega Live.
    looks like I’ll be buying a helix 10 MDI g4n for front!
    Also it seems no one has any G3N SI+ or DI+ units (been out of stock from months) so unless you can find a pre-owned unit, any new one will have to be a G4N.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pluggedtheboat View Post
    THE 15" HELIX IS PRETTY LARGE..

IMG_6973.jpg
    SWEET!!!

17. TJSTOY
    Hope they are available soon!

18. Member
    I’d buy used G3n or cross fingers for a sale but rmp said the G4n is what it will take for mega live. Hbird said mega live is definitely coming and they were going to email specs when they are published .... so the customer support don’t even know or haven’t been given the info or authority to disclose it.

meh, I’ve ordered the G4n!

that 15 .... omg

19. Member
    That 15 isn’t a touch screen, how long is scrolling going to take? Lol

20. Member
    That 15 isn’t a touch screen, how long is scrolling going to take? Lol

Me personally hate touch screens, give me old fashion buttons, they work when it gets below freezing much better up here in the Nort country.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast