Newly purchased 2019 Pro XS 250

Hello, I just purchased a new 2019 Ranger Boat with a 2019 four stroke Pro XS 250 engine. My research shows that this engine could have some recalls. My Serial # is 5B594918. I have read on these forums about a shift actuator problem and an oil leak problem. should I be concerned, I assume my boat sat on the showroom floor until I purchased it and probably did not get the recalls serviced. I will be calling my dealer to find out.

Thanks for any input

Dan

2. Member
    If you are the registered owner of the motor mercury will contact you if there are any concerns your serial number is the golden ticket.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wash84 View Post
    If you are the registered owner of the motor mercury will contact you if there are any concerns your serial number is the golden ticket.
    ^^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisherdan View Post
    Hello, I just purchased a new 2019 Ranger Boat with a 2019 four stroke Pro XS 250 engine. My research shows that this engine could have some recalls. My Serial # is 5B594918. I have read on these forums about a shift actuator problem and an oil leak problem. should I be concerned, I assume my boat sat on the showroom floor until I purchased it and probably did not get the recalls serviced. I will be calling my dealer to find out.

Thanks for any input

Dan
    Dan- I suspect your engine is actually 2B594918 (we're not quite to the 5B's yet).

Once your engine is registered (Step#1), Mercury will notify you (as the owner) of the open service bulletin campaigns.

Your DEALER was required to check the engine serial number for applicable service bulletins, and make sure that they were completed before you took delivery (a part of the PDI or Pre-Delivery Inspection process).

Service Bulletins 2019-009 and 2019-010 would be the only two applicable to 2B594918 at this time.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Your DEALER was required to check the engine serial number for applicable service bulletins, and make sure that they were completed before you took delivery (a part of the PDI or Pre-Delivery Inspection process).