24 tempest plus testing tomorrow on ky lake

Had to order a SSR HD hub kit for it. Got it installed today. Have tested the 25, 24 fury props. Been wanting to see first hand what the tempest plus 24 will do.
    Boat is a 2020 cx20 pro, mercury.
    I'll report back on the hole shot, mid, top end. Temperature will be cooler.

2. BBC SPONSOR

3. Member
    24 tempest plus, test good. Not what I expected though. 24 fury tested a slight bit better on the cx20 pro. 76degrees, 24 tempest plus had a hole shot of 4 to 5 seconds, watching my tach. Mid range was really good trimmed up all the way. Boat actually runs out of trim, with manual jack plate. Top speeds were 74 to 76 with 3/4 tank fuel, empty live wells, 2 people, gear. The 24 fury had a slight better over all proformance in all ranges of handling. The 25 fury was a dog from hole shot, but all other ranges good. All props trimmed all the way up, until I ran out of trim, manual plate. I'll be testing the 23 fury next in cool weather. Im seeking best over all proformance, not top speeds. We all know every boat tests different.

4. Member
    Call josh at Steve's props and let him work that tempest. Cheaper than a new prop and will run better

5. Member
    All props are different also, what works good on your might not work good on my exact model. I have sent hundreds of my customers to Mark Croxton including my on to get them really dialed in. No one better than Mark and hes a board sponsor!!

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I wonder what a 2 degree positive wedge would do? I also run out of trim on all my props. Don't get me wrong the performance is great, but wonder if a wedge would make the top end even better?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I wonder what a 2 degree positive wedge would do? I also run out of trim on all my props. Don't get me wrong the performance is great, but wonder if a wedge would make the top end even better?
    Someone on here had wedges installed. Said they ran out of trim also. I forgot who is was. Never heard back.

8. Member
    Trim extenders may help you some!! They did a heck of job on the older Tritons!!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billproxs View Post
    Someone on here had wedges installed. Said they ran out of trim also. I forgot who is was. Never heard back.
    I'm curious, does the new Mercury ProXS 4S have less positive trim than the Mercury ProXS 2S? Or is the angle design on the transom not right? I had to put 2 degree wedges on my current 2017 Triton 21TRX / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S and it helped. I'm not a fan of trim extenders.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stein3411 View Post
    I'm curious, does the new Mercury ProXS 4S have less positive trim than the Mercury ProXS 2S? Or is the angle design on the transom not right? I had to put 2 degree wedges on my current 2017 Triton 21TRX / Mercury 250 ProXS 2S and it helped. I'm not a fan of trim extenders.
    Im not sure. My last Triton with a proxs 2 stroke,didn't need them. This cx20 pro caymas absolutely runs out of trim with 4 stroke. Ive seen 78 out mine one time. So adding them to mine isn't a concern. Im running 72, 74 anytime I want to. I mostly run alot of 30 to 60 anyway.

11. Member
    Im not sure. My last Triton with a proxs 2 stroke,didn't need them. This cx20 pro caymas absolutely runs out of trim with 4 stroke. Ive seen 78 out mine one time. So adding them to mine isn't a concern. Im running 72, 74 anytime I want to. I mostly run alot of 30 to 60 anyway.
    My 21TRX definitely benefitted from the wedges. My tourney partners 20TRX performs great without them. I'm just trying to figure out if the current transom angle on the Caymas would benefit from a design change? I'm assuming you are running a Mercury? I wonder if the boys running the SHO's are finding the need for more positive trim?

12. Member
    A friend is running the other motor. says his runs out of trim also. Yes im running mercury. Im also running a manual jack plate. Someone on here had their dealer install wedges. Haven't heard back from him on out come. According to those at Caymas with the amount of boats sold, they see nothing to change.

13. Member
    A friend is running the other motor. says his runs out of trim also. Yes im running mercury. Im also running a manual jack plate. Someone on here had their dealer install wedges. Haven't heard back from him on out come. According to those at Caymas with the amount of boats sold, they see nothing to change.
    Yea that's what Triton said too. When I actually called Triton the first thing they told me was to install the 2 degree wedges. Thanks for the info.

I bet a 24 tempest worked by Mark's prop would be the ticket.
    2022 Caymas cx20pro 250 Pro XS s/n 3B099812

15. Member
    Did the tempest prop run higher on ptp setting compared to the Fury?

16. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by capt odie View Post
    Did the tempest prop run higher on ptp setting compared to the Fury?
    On my cx 20 the fury likes to run deeper than the tempest.