How is Kerr fishing

Coming down in a few weeks hope one of these Hurricanes dont trash the lake.

2. Banned
    Was up there yesterday and the lake is the lowest it has been since March being at 299.1 but has come up slightly in the last 24 hours. At 299, if you like to beat the bank or fish visible cover it is limited. Coves you would normally run in and fish stuff in the back of it is very low in places. Water clarity is pretty good but i only fished from Kimball point up to Case Quarry and temps i saw were all in the high 70's to the low 80's. Spent about 3 hours searching the bottom of the lake and not fishing but managed to squeeze in almost 5 hours of fishing and caught 12 over and only one dink. TW was my ticket but i caught a couple on t-rig. I fished pretty fast and covered a lot of water with the TM and the Yamaha. Boat traffic was very light. Beautiful weather.

I'm also thinking of coming down and fishing in October, haven't been there in several years. I usually put in at Grassy Creek, Rudds, or Occoneechee.

Nobody fishing, or everyone just tight lipped?

5. Banned
    Tournament there guys were talking, some pretty dismal weights if they were talking 5 fish.

6. Member
    not really a good time for Kerr Lake ,
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Heading down in the morning, gonna be there at daylight for 4 days. Any updates, are they biting?

theres an ELITE 70 this weekend...
    wont see much for info online...too many trolls...
    i would suggest PM'ing someone if you need some info and arent in a tourney...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

9. Member
    Stay on main lake rocky points and you will catch fish. Top water right on bank and cranks.

10. Banned
    Bassman13 giving some good advice there i would think. Good luck to you guys.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    theres an ELITE 70 this weekend...
    wont see much for info online...too many trolls...
    i would suggest PM'ing someone if you need some info and arent in a tourney...
    Whats an Elite 70?

12. Banned
    Google it. I never heard of it either until the above post. Assume it is a group of bass fisherman who have organized a closed private group of anglers to form a type of tournament trail. The name caught my attention but there are no pros in it i assume. Did see some pics where they wear jerseys and have companies that sponser their tournaments. Organized in 2015 from what i could find and only fish Virginia waters. Being that Kerr and Gaston is in both states they fish them. Did see where there is a membership fee and a $360 entry fee for each tourney but the payouts and really good. All this came off they website/facebook and their stuff on the internet.

13. Member
    It’s supposedly a spinoff of the VA federation I believe. We’ve got an ABA out of Hibernia in the morning and then the Five Alive is going out of Henderson I believe. So it’ll be 150 boats on the lake tomorrow probably
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Google it. I never heard of it either until the above post. Assume it is a group of bass fisherman who have organized a closed private group of anglers to form a type of tournament trail. The name caught my attention but there are no pros in it i assume. Did see some pics where they wear jerseys and have companies that sponser their tournaments. Organized in 2015 from what i could find and only fish Virginia waters. Being that Kerr and Gaston is in both states they fish them. Did see where there is a membership fee and a $360 entry fee for each tourney but the payouts and really good. All this came off they website/facebook and their stuff on the internet.
    Jacob Proznik actually fishes it,

15. Member
    What ramp is the Elite 70 using ?

occoneechee
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8