Talk me into an aluminum rig

Wanting to hear from any 20 ft plus tin rig owners.

Give me quick call if you can, 731-412-9338

I’d like to know how they handle on decent size water and in the wind.

2. Member
    Wind will be the problem, but they claim the new trolling motors like the ultrex & others take care of that.

3. Member
    I had a x19 now have a x21 both fine boats. Wind never been a problem I do use a Ultrex . You will not be disappointed in a x21. Not bragging but I promise you I get more comments on my boat than any fiberglass on the lake Saturday had 4 comments of how pretty/nice .
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

4. Member
    I've had my X21 for a little over a month now and I love it! I've had no issues so far in rough conditions,, I'm also using an Ultrex trolling motor as well. And tharris811 is correct ,, I've got a ton of comments as well how the boat looks.

5. Member
    2015 X19 200 SHO

6. Member
    Yeah when she’s cleaned up they sharp rides. Owned a 190 skeeter,400 te javelin,stratos 201. The xpress fish as good as any but they will get pushed around in the wind. No complaints on rough water ride and the x21 would be even better. And the looks you get when you pass a glass boat is worth it ��
    2015 X19 200 SHO

7. Member
    I have been running an X21 LE for 15 years, and I am very happy with its all-around performance. Since it is 21 feet long, I have found that if I trim the nose down, I can span waves up to about 2 feet high and run about 35 – 40 MPH across the tops of the waves. (Watch out for boat wake waves from the side at that speed!) I agree with Hookwetter; passing fiberglass boats is a blast!

As far as the wind is concerned, yes, the wind does blow you around. But, I use that to my advantage by starting up wind and letting the wind blow me across the structure or down a weed line. If the wind is real bad, I’ll put a drift sock out to slow me down. Spot Lock will definitely help, but I wonder if the motor constantly running to hold you in one place will turn the fish off in shallow water. My next boat will have an Ultrex and twin poles; no more worries about wind.

I hope this helped.

8. Member
    I had the X21 for a year. Had a severe porpoise problem due to poor transom/hull weld. The wind is an issue with any trolling motor. You need to constantly correct in wind. Other than that and the wet storage I liked the boat.

9. Member
    The biggest concern I have read about is the ride quality on rough water . I bought some stuff from a guy who had a Aluminum Ranger and he was really happy with the ride quality on rough water and claimed that he had owner several fiberglass boats that didn't ride as well . I have a Aluminum semi V 16 ft Lowe and it will rattle your fillings loose in rough water but then it only weighs around 1500 lbs and isn't meant for rough water . As far as being blown around the 24 volt Terrova holds position in 25 mph gusts .