Foothills Marine Feedback

I would appreciate any feedback on your experiences with Foothills Marine of Lake Norman. I have selected a new Skeeter FXR 20 Apex. They have made a fair offer on my trade in. The new boat will be 2 to 3 months in the build process. They require a non-refundable deposit, and of course caveat their offer on my existing boat on inspection. All of this seems legitimate and fair. I have no prior experience with this dealer. I am concerned about committing to the new boat with a sizable non-refundable deposit, and getting a much different price for my trade 2 to 3 months down the road when the new boat is ready to be delivered. I'd love to hear from those who have been in a similar situation in the past, especially if it was with this dealer.

Josh is straight up guy and will treat right I think you want go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Loco View Post
    X100

4. Member
    Bout a boat a few yrs ago from there, but in Morganton store from Brian, nothing but good thing bout his store, he has since retired, but still.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish Loco View Post

Couldn't agree more. Josh took care of me last year when I traded in for an upgrade. He's not just good at his job, but an all around good person.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

6. Member
    You can't go wrong with Josh, great dealer and he knows how to fish......SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

7. Member
    What they all said. Josh will also treat you right after the sale.

I purchased my boat from him in 2012 when he was at a different dealership. He has helped me navigate a factory hull issue and a SHO warranty repair since he has moved to Foothills.

8. Member
    I have never met Josh, from what people say he must be stand up guy! I was looking for a boat a few months back and sent a email and a few PM thru their website, my only issue with this dealership is their associate who ever handles the on-line sells. This guy is a arrogant, smart mouth slurring guy. This guy called me while at work and started his smart mouth comments. At the time I was with some clients and could not really say what I wanted to so I just hung up. Afterwards I called the number back and no one knows who handles their on line stuff it seems. Even sent another PM but no response back. But other than that jerk had no dealings with this dealership, But that guy did make up my mind pretty fast, even though he said " I would never buy a boat anywhere", He was right kind of, I did buy a New boat but I didn't buy it from him or Foot Hills Marine. So Josh if you can find out who this "Bad Boy" is that losing you lots of money. please have him give me a call back.
    Last edited by tinybounce; 09-18-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinybounce View Post
    I have never met Josh, from what people say he must be stand up guy! I was looking for a boat a few months back and sent a email and a few PM thru their website, my only issue with this dealership is their associate who ever handles the on-line sells. This guy is a arrogant, smart mouth slurring guy. This guy called me while at work and started his smart mouth comments. At the time I was with some clients and could not really say what I wanted to so I just hung up. Afterwards I called the number back and no one knows who handles their on line stuff it seems. Even sent another PM but no response back. But other than that jerk had no dealings with this dealership, But that guy did make up my mind pretty fast, even though he said " I would never buy a boat anywhere", He was right kind of, I did buy a New boat but I didn't buy it from him or Foot Hills Marine. So Josh if you can find out who this "Bad Boy" is that losing you lots of money. please have him give me a call back.
    Tommy, we are sorry to hear about that experience, and to be honest, that is way out of character for anyone we have or have had employed here. I was able to look back through our system and see a few emails sent back in May from one of our sales guys at our Morganton location. You will be happy to know that the guy who sent the email's is no longer employed by Foothills. Guess we fixed that problem!
    Feel free to reach out to me personally if you need us in the future.
    Josha@foothillsmarine.com or (704) 696-8930

Thanks for all the kind words guys. Its not always possible to please everyone, but I always try to handle the situation with taking in to consideration "both sides of the desk"

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketman View Post
    Bout a boat a few yrs ago from there, but in Morganton store from Brian, nothing but good thing bout his store, he has since retired, but still.
    Brian is back! I think he caught all the fish he wanted to, and ran out of things to do (or that he wanted to do) on the "honey do" list. Give him a call, he would love to hear from you!

12. Member
    My Skeeter came from Foothills as well as my Father in Laws. Neither of us have ever had any issues there. I had my boat serviced there (Lake Norman) one year and (by mistake) there was water left in the motor during freezing weather that froze the water pump. I had it on the lake right after picking it up and it wasn't peeing water. I called back up there (Lake Norman) and the service manager came down to the ramp and explained what the issue could be, but even then, hopped in my boat on a 30 degree day and heavy winds to hook it up to the computer to be 100% sure everything was OK and that I was satisfied. Good customer service I'd say, even after the sale. My next Skeeter will be purchased with them. I think at the time they were a little short staffed in the service dept. but that didn't stop them from giving me excellent customer service.

13. Member
    Guys, I appreciate the feedback and Josh, I appreciate you jumping on here. I have signed and returned my purchase agreement for a FXR 20 Apex, and look forward to becoming the next advocate for Foothills. Bill

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by That4car View Post
    Guys, I appreciate the feedback and Josh, I appreciate you jumping on here. I have signed and returned my purchase agreement for a FXR 20 Apex, and look forward to becoming the next advocate for Foothills. Bill
    You won't be disappointed and it's good that you asked. Thats how you can see the good dealerships from the bad. I'm sure everyone has a bad experience, but I can honestly say that their after sale support was beyond my expectations.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh* View Post
    Brian is back! I think he caught all the fish he wanted to, and ran out of things to do (or that he wanted to do) on the "honey do" list. Give him a call, he would love to hear from you!

Quote Originally Posted by mjlambert23 View Post
    What they all said. Josh will also treat you right after the sale.

I purchased my boat from him in 2012 when he was at a different dealership. He has helped me navigate a factory hull issue and a SHO warranty repair since he has moved to Foothills.
    I too bought my boat from Josh, back in 2011, and am still fishing out of it. Everything from start to finish was top notch, and will definitely contact him whenever I'm ready to get a new ride.

I bought my last boat, a Carolina Skiff DLV 218, from Dee Hubbard at their Morganton location. Dee and the dealership did a great job. Couple times they shipped a part I needed to the Lake Norman store. Their staff were just as helpful.

Reading the authors original post, that's the same way they handled my deal. They gave me a price for old boat based on my description and pics I sent them. Their offered trade value was fair. Using their offer, I put my boat for sale on Craigslist for a couple thousand more and sold it before my new boat came in.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

18. Banned
    Never bought a boat there. But, they're one of the only places around to get DFI oil for $30 a gallon. I'll make the hour drive to the lake norman store every couple months for that alone.

19. Member
    I purchased my Phoenix from Josh at Foothills. Josh was very helpful and made the purchase very easy. The service after the sale was no different, Josh was there to help with any issue I might have had.

I dealt with the Morganton location back in 2007-2008 when I was boat shopping. I first contacted them about a demo 20i that was on the website, I made an offer with a nice trade in... they didnt seem to want to deal on it. Also got quotes from them when buying my boat and couldnt make a deal... they were alot lower on my trade in than where I ended up buying from and though they say lowest prices on Skeeter they wouldnt make a deal that would meet or beat what I got.

I dealt with Josh a few times when he was at Fritts when I looked at Rangers and when I took my boat there for service. He took the time to go through the boats with me with absolutely no pressure or pushy sales pitches.

I called Lake Norman when Boats.net dropped the ball on a hard to find trim ring that I needed in a hurry. The lady I spoke with in parts was very professional and easy to deal with.

I would give them a chance to earn my business.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole