BBC SPONSOR

Big Bass Tour - Smith Mountain - Oct 23-25

All details and reg info on the website at www.bigbasstour.com

See you there!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    It's tournament week! Be sure to get registered.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Already have my strategy thought out.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

4. Member
    Though about driving up to fish Sunday. How many boat usually show up for this?
    Semper Fi

5. Member
    Hard to tell, it's usually in the spring and it's been 400+ entries. That doesn't translate to number of boats precisely, but it's a lot.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

In the spring you feel like you are fishing used water after the first 30 minutes. I’d like to think a fall tournament will be different but judging by the number of anglers I see fishing this week I expect it to be busy-plus the striper boats are out in force with their eight planar boat spreads. Should be a blast.

7. Member
    The current leader also won last weekend at Claytor, He knows what he’s doing much better than me LOL
    Last edited by SmlRanger; 10-24-2020 at 08:03 PM.
    2004 Ranger 521vx Yamaha 250 SHO

Quote Originally Posted by jrbdad View Post
    Though about driving up to fish Sunday. How many boat usually show up for this?
    I live on the upper end of SML so today I figured I'd fish the lower end to be closer to the weigh in location in the event I had a fish to bring to the scales. The lake was absolutely packed, bass boats were everywhere and then since it was another 80 degree day, there were big cruisers, pontoons, jet skis, etc. running around. I mean it was just packed and brutal to run anywhere. Sunday is predicted to be much cooler with rain in the morning and I am totally in favor of this, should at least keep the pleasure cruisers off the lake. The weights have been pretty good but clearly tailed off today with a lot of 3.5 - 4 lb. bass earning a check. Thus far, I've sucked. totally.

9. Member
    Decided not to drive up. Have things to get done. Hopefully get up there in a few weeks. Hope you did better Sunday.

I need to spend little time up there before its too cold. Son has a tournament there in March
    Semper Fi

I stunk on Sunday too, hooked two really good fish on a crankbait and lost them both on the jump, totally depressing. It might take a week for the boat to dry out.

11. Member
    That sucks. I know it took atleast a week for my boat to dry after the Buggs HS tournament. Rain all day for practice and tournament. Bang bilge pump ran most of the day.
    Semper Fi

12. Member
    Got the text that Big Bass Tour is doing both a spring and fall event at SML in 2021. Might actually make it to one.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.