Spinnerbait Blade Combinations

Is there a chart or general rule to match spinnerbait blades? For example, what size willow leaf blade or colorado blade would me put on a 3/8 oz spinnerbait if the end blade is a 3.5 willow leaf.

Is the a general rule that the small blade be with 1 (or other difference) size of the large blade or another difference?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

That's a great place to start. The only big problem I have with that chart is that they recommend #1 or #2 swivels. I always use a #3 swivel on everything. Much easier to install for my old fat fingers.

Here’s a good article Madmar that I printed out and refer to from time to time. Pics too! I like that....

http://bassdozer.com/articles/spinnerbait-blades.shtml

5. Member
    Front blades disrupt the water flow to the rear blade, Because of that, a spinnerbait with say a #1 Colorado in front of a #4 willow leaf will have more vibration than a spinnerbait with a #2 Colorado in front of a #4 willow leaf. That applies to all tandem and double bladed spinnerbaits.

The chart provided (didn't read the entire article also linked) is a good rule of thumb, but don't necessarily stick to that all the time. Experiment and base your build on what you want to do with the bait. I have certain combinations that I use because of what I want to do with the bait. A couple of combinations that have worked great for me are a 1/4 oz head with a #1 Colorado in front of a #5 willow leaf. It's a bait I use when water temps are in the upper 50s to low 60s and I want to keep the bait up near the top at very slow speeds. And you have to reel it slow or the bait is going to roll and spin in the water. But it's killer in the weedy lakes that I fish it at.

Another one is a 3/8 oz head with a #2 Colorado in front of a #7 Indiana. Another bait that I fish in cooler water when I want to keep the bait up. Lots of flash and vibration. Really good in stained to dirty water. And you don't have to reel it super slow to keep it up in the water column.