Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    Exactly what I've been saying up above.....

My opinion about bedliner did a 180deg after using the "tintable." I'm not against normal bedliner for some projects, but, the tintable Raptorliner is simply a game changer for me. I'm going to paint my CJ5 and duck boats with it. I'm seriously considering painting the rest of my F150.

There are two things holding me back at present. I want to see its durability (so far so good on my truck @ 1 year) and see how the YouTube clearcoat experimenters long term results pan out. If the clear coating proves itself over time that's a big, big plus for me, simply for the added protection.
    yes sir if i think bout it ill post that CJ when we finish it.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    yes sir if i think bout it ill post that CJ when we finish it.
    Look forward to seeing it! I'll post a pic of my dual axle when it's finished.

I neede
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

I needed to replace one of my fenders on a 2001 520 trailer in 2006. I removed both, and covered the brakes and removed the actuator, then had it Powder Coated. Turned out fantastic !! Always looked shinny and was easy to clean !! AND, it was Rock resistant too !!! I have a 2015 Ranger Trail that has Road Armor and I'm not near as happy as I was with my 2001 !! It will get Powder Coated in the near future too !!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    IMRON is not a paint amateurs should shoot, it can kill you if you don’t have a fresh air system. Full hazmat suits, Rubber gloves are a must
    Yes! The stuff is bad juju! Need a fresh air breathing system. I have painted with it a few times and a lot of big trucks come painted with it. Tough paint and also hard to do it right.

6. Member
    I used raptor liner and the trailer turned out great. my trailer was a rusty mess now it looks awesome and I get a lot of complements on it. I have it on my restoration thread with some details how i did it. you will need a compressor or borrow one or rent one and it so easy i used 90 psi and it turned out great and it was done so fast. look up the thread RANGER RESTORE 521VX on the ranger thread and i think i put the trailer also in the restoration forum.

7. Member
    I have a 2006 Stratos tandem trailer. It buffed out easy and looks new except for the springs.
    What is the best way to bring them back? They seem to be very rusty.

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by geodebasser View Post
    I have a 2006 Stratos tandem trailer. It buffed out easy and looks new except for the springs.
    What is the best way to bring them back? They seem to be very rusty.
    If you can get the loose stuff off, try wiping on some boiled linseed oil. It gives rusty metal a darker, satin finish. Doesn’t look new, but way better. Springs are so cheap to just replace, anything that takes much effort is a waste of time.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12