Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario

More E15 might be coming your way

https://www.nmma.org/press/article/23411

Fortunately I have two sources for non-ethanol on the lake and one near my house.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

3. Member
    Figured it is already at the gas stations in the Walmart parking lots, because the 10% has been covered up for awhile now.

4. Member
    Saw that on the President's Twitter feed the other day and I didn't agree. What I see as the main problem is using E-15 in pumps with E-10 labels. I don't think the marine industry supports E-15. The 2014 Skeeter I had (250 SHO) had E-15 with a line through it on the fuel tank lids. I guess that's still the case. I mentioned the President as a point of information, please don't get political with opinions on him.

5. Member
    There isn't anyone who can stand up to the corn farmers. Plus it makes Bourbon more expensive.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m glad WaWa has non ethanol gas, but it’s an extra .70/gallon. Good thing my boat sips gas!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    Bill Perry
    Zwolle, LA (Toledo Bend)
    bpicinc_2000@yahoo.com
    2001 ZX-250 VMAX 225. HDS-9 Carbon, HDS-7Carbon, 3D Sonar, HB 998c hd si, Active Target, MG Tour Pro 36v, 12" Slide Master
    USN, USS Newport News CA-148

8. Member
    The closest one with non-eth is almost 1 hr. away. And it is usually $1 more.

9. Member
    there is no none-eth around me at all

10. Member
    15 % ethanol voids the warranty on outboards if my recollection is correct.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

11. Member
    I found it locally here, 30 cents a gallon more. I am in the middle of testing the mileage on my truck using non-e.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    15 % ethanol voids the warranty on outboards if my recollection is correct.
    Yeah I'm not so sure that you won't be able to buy 10% anymore. Lawn equipment etc. has to be taken into consideration.

My OX66 Yamaha owners manual states NO Ethanol. I have never ran ethanol in my outboard.

14. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    My OX66 Yamaha owners manual states NO Ethanol. I have never ran ethanol in my outboard.
    When I had a '96 Pro-V 200 (2.6 litre) it turned into a real pain in the ass when gas with ethanol was used. One time I got "ethanol free" at a Valero on the way to the lake. Could tell the gas had ethanol in it by the way the motor was running. On the other hand my very modern Merc efi 4-stroke likes 87 e-10 better than non ethanol gas for some reason so that's what I run in it. Runs smoother and quieter, and even cleaner judging by the prop barrel. Just use a little snake oil to hopefully slow down what ethanol gas eventually does.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

The school of hard knocks is a rough way to be educated!

15. Member
    Big E wants to up it to E20. Thanks to the RFA the EPA we will continue To up the percentage of biofuels added.

E15

17. Member
    The big ethanol are the ones making noise where it counts, while we just complain on the internet. You, me, and everybody you know needs to call your representatives and let them know. You cant blame them for wanting more ethanol if all they ever hear is how we want more ethanol. I know big lobbies are involved and lots of money but I bet if a few people felt their job was at stake some things may change

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    The big ethanol are the ones making noise where it counts, while we just complain on the internet. You, me, and everybody you know needs to call your representatives and let them know. You cant blame them for wanting more ethanol if all they ever hear is how we want more ethanol. I know big lobbies are involved and lots of money but I bet if a few people felt their job was at stake some things may change
    Similarly, if you see E15 at your local station, go inside and tell the manager that you will not be buying fuel there anymore, as E15 has serious negative effects in your engine, etc. If it’s a big chain station, get in their Facebook page and leave the same message. Finally, REFUSE to buy a flex fuel vehicle. If manufacturers can’t sell them, they won’t produce them.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

19. Member
    HAHAHA About time.

Minnesota has the some of the highest blended gas, just make sure you start running non oxy gas in your small engines.

20. Member
    Like every Kwik trip around me (Wisconsin) has non oxy at the pump.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast