Missing AutoChart Map Data

I record with AutoChart Live on my Helix 10 G2. I remove the card when finished with each session and copy the ACU files to a separate dated folder with the pool depth noted. I then import the ACU file into AutoChart Pro to correct any errors, after which I create a map and then update the LakeMaster card. Following which I get the message: "Your LakeMaster SD card was successfully updated with the new chart data. Would you like to change background map display to the custom LakeMaster map?"

This procedure has been working for me until lately when I have been loosing all data points from the previous session when I place the card back in the Helix. All data points still show in AutoChart Pro. I do notice that the ACU file on the Zero Lines card has not been changed. I do see that many of the ACNAMI/AC/LkMaster bin files have been changed. I thought the ACU files would also be changed.

Am I doing something wrong, should I be doing sonar recording and converting to ACD files in AC Pro instead of AC Live?
    I read on another fishing site, "Turns out AutoChart Pro editing only applies to the creation of Lake Master maps which gets copied to the Zero Line SD card and will not apply the edits to the AutoChart maps that get created as you map on the water." "If you want to do edits to Autochart ACU files you created as you fish you will need to sit in your driveway, with the control head powered on and use the functions in the software to delete small bits of data piece by piece."

You Can see the Data Difference in the photos.
    South Map Data Points ACPro.jpg AutochartPro Map Data Helix.PNG Helix 10 AutoChart Live

2. Member
    I have a question for you about AClive and pool depths.
    Do you keep your water level offset at 0 when you are charting new contour lines?
    I've noticed AClive will subtract "water level offset" from brand new contour lines that I'm charting.
    If I'm charting areas that are shallow and less than the "water level offset" value, then no new contour lines appear at all.

To me this doesn't seem like how it should work, otherwise you have to survey the entire lake at once at a specific pool level.
    I only use the zero lines card and AClive, not AutoChart PC software.

Thanks
    Scott
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

3. Member
    Scott, right or wrong, I leave water level off-set at zero when I record on AutoChart Live. When I get home I create a folder on my PC with date and water/pool level. I then copy the ACU file/files as well as move any recorded data and snapshots to that folder. I then import the recording files into AutoChart Pro, entering the depth difference from pool at that time. This method has worked well for me with mapping even with the custom shorelines I use on my lakes and reservoirs. I do have waypoints marking all the hazards I am aware of on these waters. If I understood water level off-set on the Helix better and didn’t have AutoChart Pro software I may have done things differently.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Scott, right or wrong, I leave water level off-set at zero when I record on AutoChart Live. When I get home I create a folder on my PC with date and water/pool level. I then copy the ACU file/files as well as move any recorded data and snapshots to that folder. I then import the recording files into AutoChart Pro, entering the depth difference from pool at that time. This method has worked well for me with mapping even with the custom shorelines I use on my lakes and reservoirs. I do have waypoints marking all the hazards I am aware of on these waters. If I understood water level off-set on the Helix better and didn’t have AutoChart Pro software I may have done things differently.
    Good for you. It's my understanding, as you describe, the different pool levels is manageable when making the maps with AC software.
    In my case I always want my AClive super-imposed over the top of either Lakemaster or Navionics main layer and transparent so you can see both.
    It's a shame the water level offset data can't be incorporated into the saved AClive data and adjusted along the way as pools levels change.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

5. Member
    I discovered my problem, I was correcting bad map data points while I was on the water recording. You have to stop recording before correcting or the file will be corrupted.Recording must be turned off while you correct data.jpg

I like that you found the cause. We fish lakes in Canada where the only decent mapping is autochart. I'd hate to lose any of that data.