Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If I were asked this 2-3 years ago it would be Lowes...I now have an Ace near me and start there first. Then I make my way to Lowes / HD based on what they have in stock online.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

2. Member
    Every time I went to Lowes they didn't have what I was looking for and I had to drive to HD to get it. Now I just go to HD. I can't comment on which one has better staff though, I never talk to anyone. I lookup the answers to my questions before I go.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    If I were asked this 2-3 years ago it would be Lowes...I now have an Ace near me and start there first. Then I make my way to Lowes / HD based on what they have in stock online.
    We have an Ace nearby also but they are almost always higher priced and the young kids working there have zero knowledge on anything when you ask them certain questions.

4. Member
    Our Ace is a dump, but you can walk in and they know their stuff. Lumber or stuff like hand rails etc... normally comes from Thomas Lumber here.

Veteran parking is for any Veteran at Lowe’s. I’ll pick up little stuff there.

5. Member
    My local HD is horrible, usually a jumbled mess with many out of stock items. Try to find an employee that actually knows anything. The Lowes is a slightly better place, more organized, better stocked and the employees seem a little better but it is a little more expensive. I try to go to ACE hardware, well stocked and the employees know their stuff, quite a bit more expensive than HD and Lowes but when I need something I know I can get it.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    Home depo gives military discount .
    Not on everything like Lowe's.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

I prefer Lowes. If you open the app when you go it will pick your location and then tell you where stuff is in the store. Easy to use.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

8. dartag1829
    Mom and Pop Hardware stores went away a long time ago in our area.. Just did a major remodel on the house. Spent a lot of time at both Lowes and HD. Both were great about having what i needed and taking back excess things we bought. ACE has limited inventory. Great for Stainless nuts and bolts.

9. Member
    Here both hd and lowes gives military discounts as for vet parking nope as for quality of wood products about equal as for amount stocked depends on what your wanting.

10. Member
    I like lowes better but hd has better overall pricing.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

11. Member
    There is not an independent hardware store close to me. Ace, Lowe's and HD drove them all out of business. I like Lowe's and Ace.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

Lowe’s
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Either is fine but any big orders i use lumber yards .

14. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Neither. You guys need to support your mom and pop lumber yards or hardware stores. Period.
    I wish I had a mom and pop store around here. They've been gone for years. The last one was put out by Lowes. To be honest he was so high in his price's I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did. I shop Lowes, better selection and CS. One guy mentioned Amazon, lots of China knock offs there.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

15. Member
    Lowe's for me. They are quite a bit closer so that works also. I agree that their lumber is junk. I've sorted through a ton of it trying to find 2 or 3 good pieces. It's crazy. Home Depot store are organized in a way I just can't get used to. The employee help here at Lowe's is fair to good. Some departments have great informed staff, while others not so much. We have an Ace Hardware that is really great. The prices are what they are but you can usually get good help and find what you need.
    GETFISHED !!!

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1MagicStick View Post
    To my knowledge the ones by me do not unless this is a recent change. Just looked online and it seems they did revise back in 2019 but even then it is more restrictive than the Lowes discount on when it can be used and for how much.
    Been getting military at HD for years
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

17. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Same here

18. Member
    Menards

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JFD View Post
    Home depo gives military discount .
    Not really, just spent $150 at HD and didn't qualify for any discount (because it was plumbing items)..Lowes would have given a discount..seems the military discount at HD is valid less and less.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by justme View Post
    Not really, just spent $150 at HD and didn't qualify for any discount (because it was plumbing items)..Lowes would have given a discount..seems the military discount at HD is valid less and less.
    People are getting ridiculous with this whole military discount thing

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast