Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What to do now ......

What to do now?
    As I've mentioned on here once or twice I have a dead zone in forward view on my Livescope since updating to the Perspective View software back in March. :)
    At this point both me and Garmin have about run out of things to try. Garmin has really worked with me on trying to find a solution, so far one has not been found. Here are some things we've tried.
    1. Replaced my black box, no help. On my 4th box
    2. Replace my transducer, no help. 3rd transducer
    3. Replace my Echomap Ultra 122 unit, no help. 2nd unit
    4. Replace all cables and connections, no help. Multiple times.
    5. Remount transducer on separate pole using 8 degree cant, no help
    6. Rewire black box to a separate 24 volt batteries, no help.
    7. Rollback software to pre Perspective View software. No help.
    Rolling the software back to pre Perspective View software was the latest attempt to resolve my issues. Garmin mailed me 2 SD cards over the last 3 weeks, both of which I've never received and seem to be lost in the USPS system. Scary for this coming November, :)
    I ended up getting the rollback software via a Dropbox link as several have mentioned and used on here.
    My system is now:
    Echomap Ultra 122 unit Software version: 10.00
    GLS10 black box Software Version 2.20
    Below is a very short video with this software that I shot yesterday that still shows my void (dead zone) in front of my boat equal to the depth of water that I'm sitting in.
    I will say overall the older software has a clearer picture without having to make any adjustments using factory default settings. I never adjusted my gain any throughout the day. Only adjustments that I made all day were to depth and distance. Nice!
    Video start with brushpile almost directly under the boat and I slowly back the boat away from the brush pile with my trolling motor. You can see the void area creep up and through the brush. Most of the bush I crappie fish in is in 20 to 30 row. The crappie really spook if I get within 20 feet of the brush this is a major issue for me.

Garmin has been really great working with me on this, I just wish we could find a solution.
    Any suggestions from anyone out there would be appreciated.
    Here is the link for the video:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=rng9qVPZyhc

2. Member
    That’s a bummer, sorry to hear that

3. Banned
    [QUOTE = Royt; 11382372] Что теперь делать?
    Как я уже упоминал здесь один или два раза, у меня мертвая зона при прямом обзоре на моем Livescope с момента обновления программного обеспечения Perspective View еще в марте. :)
    На данный момент и у меня, и у Garmin почти закончились вещи, которые можно было бы попробовать. Компания Garmin действительно работала со мной, пытаясь найти решение, но пока его не нашли. Вот некоторые вещи, которые мы пробовали.
    1. Заменил мой черный ящик, без помощи. На моем 4-м ящике
    2. Заменил датчик, без помощи. 3-й датчик
    3. Заменил мой блок Echomap Ultra 122, без помощи. 2-й блок
    4. Заменить все кабели и соединения, без помощи. Многократно.
    5. Переустановите датчик на отдельной опоре, используя наклон 8 градусов, без помощи
    6. Подключите черный ящик к отдельным батареям на 24 В, без помощи.
    7. Выполните откат программного обеспечения до версии, предшествующей Perspective View. Нет помощи.
    Последней попыткой решить мои проблемы был откат программного обеспечения к предыдущей версии программы «Просмотр перспективы». За последние 3 недели компания Garmin отправила мне по почте 2 SD-карты, обе из которых я так и не получил и, кажется, потеряны в системе USPS. Страшно для наступающего ноября :) В
    итоге я получил программу отката через ссылку Dropbox, как некоторые уже упоминали и использовали здесь.
    Моя система сейчас: устройство
    Echomap Ultra 122 Версия программного обеспечения: 10.00
    GLS10 черный ящик Версия программного обеспечения 2.20
    Ниже приведено очень короткое видео с этим программным обеспечением, которое я снял вчера, которое все еще показывает мою пустоту (мертвую зону) перед моей лодкой, равную глубине воды, в которой я сижу.
    Я скажу, что в целом более старое программное обеспечение дает более четкое изображение без необходимости вносить какие-либо настройки с использованием заводских настроек по умолчанию. Я никогда не корректировал свой прирост в течение дня. Только корректировки, которые я делал весь день, касались глубины и расстояния. Ницца!
    Видео начинается с куча щеток почти прямо под лодкой, и я медленно отодвигаю лодку от куча щеток своим троллинговым мотором. Вы можете видеть, как пустота ползет вверх и сквозь щетку. Большинство кустов, в которых я ловлю краппи, занимают от 20 до 30 рядов. Краппи действительно напугает, если я окажусь в пределах 20 футов от куста, это серьезная проблема для меня.

Garmin действительно здорово поработал со мной над этим, я просто хотел бы найти решение.
    Будем признательны за любые предложения от кого-либо.
    Вот ссылка на видео:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=rng9qVPZyhc [/ QUOTE]

It's wise to ask for update 2.10 or 2.00 !

4. Member
    I just can't make sense of your issues. I mean, you've had the equivalent of several different systems. Seems like more of us would have these issues.

Try a new boat maybe?

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

6. Member
    Are you running a 0 deg. transducer mount?

7. Member
    I know of at least 4 others on here who have the same issue. I've seen plenty of other videos posted on Facebook and YouTube of others that have the same issue. Many other users don't even realize that they have this issue. Garmin admits that there was an issue with the Perspective View software update. They have tried to correct this with several updates since then. The updates have helped but some of us still have issues. Look at how many post on here from people looking to roll back their software. I'm far from the only one with issues!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DR. DROP View Post
    Are you running a 0 deg. transducer mount?
    I was running the zero degree mount but as per Garmin's recommendation I changed it to the 8 degree cant.
    It did not change my returns any other than making it harder to track my jig.

In the Vid you stop moving/searching with the transducer right before the tree fades. If you went left and right there, I would think it would brighten up again.

What if you are stationary in calm wind/water?

Your images look great up to blind spot. You may have to adjust for fishing style by staying closer or further away

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I was running the zero degree mount but as per Garmin's recommendation I changed it to the 8 degree cant.
    It did not change my returns any other than making it harder to track my jig.
    Reason I asked was I get the same dead spots and even started getting a weird mirror image.
    It is directly under the transducer. I am running the 0 deg. and assumed that was causing it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    In the Vid you stop moving/searching with the transducer right before the tree fades. If you went left and right there, I would think it would brighten up again.
    What if you are stationary in calm wind/water?
    Your images look great up to blind spot. You may have to adjust for fishing style by staying closer or further away
    MonteSS,
    Your right I did cut the video a little short, lol.
    When the brush pile fades away into the dead zone I can move my transducer both left and right and nothing shows up. Some of my earlier videos show this a little better.
    My returns don't seem to change with water conditions, either windy or calm I get the same returns.
    You are also correct in that my images are very clear either inside or outside of the range of my dead zone. I think my images are best with the rollback software. I never had to adjust my gain all day, it stayed on the factory default settings. I didn't even adjust my color gain as I could see my jig very well until it entered the dead zone.
    I'm trying to adjust my fishing style but the fish don't want to play nice. When the fish and brush get within 20 feet of the boat they are very spooky. If I try to fish a 1/16 oz. jig out 30 to 40 feet away from the boat down about 15 feet it is difficult to do and still see and control my jig.

12. Member
    I may have the same issue. It would not bother me at all.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I may have the same issue. It would not bother me at all.
    How would a dead zone in an area that you are trying to fish not bother you?
    I mean the brush disappears, the fish disappear, and your bait disappears in the depth and distance that your trying to fish.
    Help me understand your response.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I know of at least 4 others on here who have the same issue. I've seen plenty of other videos posted on Facebook and YouTube of others that have the same issue. Many other users don't even realize that they have this issue. Garmin admits that there was an issue with the Perspective View software update. They have tried to correct this with several updates since then. The updates have helped but some of us still have issues. Look at how many post on here from people looking to roll back their software. I'm far from the only one with issues!
    So if many others dont even know they have this issue.... How bad can the issue be??? Maybe just trying to enjoy fishing and the amazing livescope for what it is. Instead of spending what seems to be a absolutely enormous amount of time dealing with losing your lure temporarily on your unit. Or no???

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    My buddy has the same issue he’s at the end with garmin,I purchased a older unit with the old software iam ok with it,but the other box is useless for site fishing on the unit.Theres hundreds with the problem but just don’t know it because they never saw the first gen .

16. Member
    I guess my lake and the way I fish may be different than some. I do enjoy fishing. And I really enjoyed Livescope for what it WAS. I still enjoy it but it hinders my style of fishing. When the fish are spooky and will not let you get the boat closer than 20 feet from the brushpile and everything disappears from you screen 20 to 30 in front of your transducer in 20 to 30 feet of water how is Livescope helping me. Heck I caught fish for years using side and down imaging, finding a brushpile, throwing out a marker and counting my jig down to.the fish. I know how to fish. Livescope and the way it used to work for me was a.great additional tool. I could see fish, I could see my jig and swim it right to the fish and.see.how they reacted. It was fun! Now with a dead spot in the area I normally fish I'm back to guessing where the brush, fish and my lure is. I'm glad for those who don't have this issue. Heck I see the same questions on here over and over from people who haven't taken the time to learn their units and how to use them.

I enjoy fishing but I also like to get what I paid for. My unit and Livescope was great for almost 18 months, now I'm supposed to ignore an issue and just enjoy it as it. Right, I sure that would work for you as well with your car, computer, or other major expensive item that no longer functions the way it did when you purchased it.

Don't pay any attention to that dead area in the middle.of your tv screen. Enjoy the great picture all around the edges. How would that work for you?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    My buddy has the same issue he’s at the end with garmin,I purchased a older unit with the old software iam ok with it,but the other box is useless for site fishing on the unit.Theres hundreds with the problem but just don’t know it because they never saw the first gen .
    Yep, your correct! Thanks for a sensible reply!

18. Member
    I don't have an answer to this problem/issue. I have tried more times than I can count to replicate this using 1/8 oz jigs hanging under a floating jug over all kinds of bottom; mud, soft, rock rubble, solid rock bottom and banks. This was also done at a variety of depths. Every time I get the same results. I know how many jigs there are and at what depths they hang. I get back from it and very slowly approach the target. Every time I can see the lures by rotating the xd back and forth. I've used 3 different LVS32s, 2 different GLS10s and two different GPSMAP units.

At the same time, I acknowledge that Roy has proven his point of the dead spot he sees, regardless of unit, GLS10, transducer or software version. Yes---Proven. Watch his videos. There is a combination of factors, where this happens. I don't know what those factors are. I'm sure I have see it, using my equipment, exactly once and I fish most every day. I was back in a cove, depth was about 30 ft. The bottom was what I would call soft. When the lake is down you can't walk over this area. You'll mire. I saw a big school of bait coming towards me and I was tracking them. As they came just inside of 30 ft it looked like a dark shadow passed through the school as they approached. At the time I was sitting still and slowly moving the TM back and forth to make sure I stayed pointing at them. Garmin has acknowledged that LiveScope has a weak area at a range close to the depth. But what Roy had demonstrated is worse than a weak area. I'll leave it to Roy and others to delineate this dead spot. I can't do it. From what I seen on his videos it appears to orient from the bottom, then up some distance and on an angle. I may see it again in February when I start fishing shallow water. But from now until then I'll be in deep water. Today I caught spotted bass 60 ft deep next to a dropoff that went to 150 ft. It was LiveScope point and shoot and I had a blast. It doesn't get much better than this.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I just can't make sense of your issues. I mean, you've had the equivalent of several different systems. Seems like more of us would have these issues.
    Go to any crappie forum and look around. There are a lot of complaints. One competitor at a 250 boat tourney called them out during a live broadcast. A friend was fishing the event and said the garmin rep didn't come back the second day.

I had a guy promise me he wasn't having any problems. Five minutes on the lake and I was showing him the dead zone on his unit. He called Garmin with me sitting there.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    100% correct. If you watch any youtube video posted in the last couple of months it sticks out on the image. Most folks think it's normal.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast