Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Guys, I said it before and say it again it is in the black box,don't matter if he has tried a hundred, it's not Roy, i fish in his boat many times when it was right, we didn't adjust it all the time,mine was great also,never did much adjusting, got rid of that unit when it got bad after 3 boxes and ducers bought another one and it is much better, not quite as good as the first one but can cast a 1/16jig 55 feet and follow it all the way to the boat before i got this unit both GRmin and many on board said I was not keeping it pointed straight even though I had been doing it for a year before it went bad and somehow I cad follow it all way in again now.i feel for you Roy been there ,have in tournaments wanted to throw it in the lake,Roy, i know it's hard to believe but your unit is much better than the one I had,and for you guys that say fish with it and be satisfied, I see you do not have a clue on casting for crappie, GARMIN will not get this problem fixed for a long time because they don't know the problem, if they could find some of their old units and compare them with the new update units they would see a problem right away, i saw 2 last week and before I knew the version I told them it was a old version by just seeing it work then I went into the units and saw one was 200,other was 220 and they looked great ��

2. Member
    I do appreciate others joining in and stating that unfortunately they have the same or very similar issues as me.

Gene, you are correct. We used to could fish all day under different conditions and never have to adjust the unit with no dead or void areas.
    It sure is not that way now. Gene, I'm glad your setup is better, wish that I could say the same about mine.
    I'm not sure Garmin feels it really needs to address this problem on a broad scale. Nobody else in the marketplace has anything close to complete with it and I'm not convinced they know HOW to fix it and still have Perspective View. Somehow the issue seems related as that is when this mess first appeared!
    Last edited by Royt; 09-19-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I do appreciate others joining in and stating that unfortunately they have the same or very similar issues as me.

Gene, you are correct. We used to could fish all day under different conditions and never have to adjust the unit with no dead or void areas.
    It sure is not that way now. Gene, I'm glad your setup is better, wish that I could say the same about mine.
    I'm not sure Garmin feels it really needs to address this problem on a broad scale. Nobody else in the marketplace has anything close to complete with it and I'm not convinced they know HOW to fix it and still have Perspective View. Somehow the issue seems related as that is when this mess first appeared!
    Roy. I’m with you on this. It was great until updates. I’d be willing to pay them to drive to Oklahoma and get in boat with me.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    Roy. I’m with you on this. It was great until updates. I’d be willing to pay them to drive to Oklahoma and get in boat with me.
    LOL, I hear you! I hope someone from Garmin is monitoring the responses here. I wish Garmin would offer those of us who are not interested in ever running Perspective View an alternative.
    Has anyone on here ever had a Garmin Engineer or Garmin Tech direct from Garmin come and go out on your boat with you? If so what did you have to do to make it happen? At this point CHEcrappie you are not alone, there is getting to be a pretty good size group of us that would LOVE to have someone direct from Garmin on our boat for a day.

5. Member
    Roy, i am trying to get Don to come up Tuesday or Wednesday, if he do we all could change boxes to see if any better, if he do not come we can try my box on yours, like I said after 4 boxes I got one that is fair,I don't have a problem believing it's in the box and I believe it will be proven by many one day,let me know what you think

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genec View Post
    Roy, i am trying to get Don to come up Tuesday or Wednesday, if he do we all could change boxes to see if any better, if he do not come we can try my box on yours, like I said after 4 boxes I got one that is fair,I don't have a problem believing it's in the box and I believe it will be proven by many one day,let me know what you think
    Gene, that sounds like a great idea! Hopefully Don will come down and we can get the details worked out! Thanks!!!

7. Member
    Dang, this post now has over 1,000 views!
    I know allot of them are from me, lol!

I will be down Wednesday to fish with you & Gene & get my Ultras setup. No better place than the aquarium.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddement View Post
    Because we have seen how much better it can be!
    Ya man I've owned the unit since it came out. I've had all the versions. Mine is still amazing.

10. Member
    Is the dead spot issue only associated with the echomap series ? Anybody running the gpsmap 1022 , 1222's having the same problem ? Just researching before i buy a unit. Thanks for any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    LOL, I hear you! I hope someone from Garmin is monitoring the responses here. I wish Garmin would offer those of us who are not interested in ever running Perspective View an alternative.
    Has anyone on here ever had a Garmin Engineer or Garmin Tech direct from Garmin come and go out on your boat with you? If so what did you have to do to make it happen? At this point CHEcrappie you are not alone, there is getting to be a pretty good size group of us that would LOVE to have someone direct from Garmin on our boat for a day.
    just tell me where to sign up or sign the petition.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHECrappie View Post
    They have an engineering office at BA expwy, and hwy 169. They do marine stuff in their because I saw a force tm in that office 6 months before they were released.

13. Member
    I was wondering the same thing. Noticed a few guys that posted had the 122/126 ultra units. Im sure a few guys out there have multiple units that could chime in.

I dont recall any GPSMAP guys posting this issue, but havent really been paying strict attention either.

Quote Originally Posted by bsn4785 View Post
    Is the dead spot issue only associated with the echomap series ? Anybody running the gpsmap 1022 , 1222's having the same problem ? Just researching before i buy a unit. Thanks for any info.

14. Member
    DonnieG
    I will be down Wednesday to fish with you & Gene & get my Ultras setup. No better place than the aquarium.

It will be interesting to see the results of the three units used in a video(s) of backing away from a target like Royt has shown previously.

If time/ structure/water depths allow, a few different videos at a few different depths might also be useful to see if dead spot distance it is directly related to depth of water.

Interesting

Good luck guys with the testing.

15. Member
    It happens on GPSMAP models too . I ran a GPSMAP 1022 XSV before upgrading to a GPSMAP 8610 XSV . When running 1022 software was 220 for GLS-10 worked great . When I upgraded to 8610 before I even put it in the water Like a dummy I installed the the software for perspective mode ,BOY WAS THAT A MISTAKE !!!!!!I had the same problem as Royt and many more dead spot and ghost tree. Garmin replaced GLS-10 and transducer didn't help with problem . I forced back the software to 210 then went to software 220 . The perspective mode Might be good for some but not for my style of fishing . If your thinking of buying a new system your probably suck with perspective mode . Good luck

16. Member
    I have the dead spot in my unit as well. I run a 93Plus. A friend of mine that runs 106 is having this issue as well. My unit has not been updated since I purchased it last year at this time. So my problem is not an issued that has been caused by an update. My opinion is that it is a flaw in the build of the transducer and how it processes the information that it is receiving. Can this be resolved by a software change? I dont think so. I believe its a hardware issue that will require a redesign
    2023 Triton 18TRX
    2023 Mercury 200 Pro XS
    80# Ultrex IPilot Link
    Helix 12 Mega SI & Garmin Livescope w/ 1242XSV GPSmap

17. Member
    Great input from everyone, thanks! To me this is a great reason for a forum like this.

18. Member
    Man, yall got meverything concerned. Getting ready to get a couple 12"ULTRAS with a livescope and the force motor too. I have no idea what version any of that equipment would come with. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to recognize this apparent blind spot but if I was I would surely be PO after dropping that much coin. Should I be concerned ?
    GETFISHED !!!

19. Member
    I have the ghost tree and dead zone issue even after Garmin replaced my original system.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by getfished View Post
    Man, yall got meverything concerned. Getting ready to get a couple 12"ULTRAS with a livescope and the force motor too. I have no idea what version any of that equipment would come with. Maybe I'm not sophisticated enough to recognize this apparent blind spot but if I was I would surely be PO after dropping that much coin. Should I be concerned ?
    You shouldn't be concerned, even with the ghost tree and dead zone it's awesome. If I'm fishing vertical for crappie is the only time it's annoying.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast