About 18 months ago was in the process of slimming down. Went from 325 down to 270. Exercise and diet proved to be a winning combination. Was up to 6 miles a day ( walking ) when my body was wracked with pain. Tried to cowboy it out but no go pain was too intense.

Exercise was too difficult. Several months of medical team guessing as to what my ailment was. Was prescribed a medicine ( prednisone ) that caused me to want to eat constantly. Ballooned back up to 350 and was totally miserable. Finally got into see a rheumatoligist. Eureka I have rhemutoid arthritis. Again tried several medications with very little affect. Finally Dr prescribed Humira.

Felt great relief as to the pain and was able to start moving again. Started the diet and exercise routine again and am down to 279 presently. I want to get down to 200 even. Which I hope to accomplish by spring of 2021.

Reason I am posting this. I am 6-0 and soon to be 73 years of age. Back up to 4-5 miles a day and 1500 calorie a day diet. So don't let age discourage anyone from slimming down. Eat pretty much what ever I desire just limit the amount. It is not easy but the rewards are great. Remember to take it slow at first. Be honest with yourself and don't over do it.

If you are a senior and on Medicare. Investigate the Silver Sneaker program. Which will provide a free membership in a health club. Use the club when weather prevents outdoor exercise. Good luck to all.