Ultrex spot lock buttom

The first time i deploy the ultrex and hit the spot lock it will not engage until after I repeatedly tap it about ten times.
    Any one know what the problem might be.2019 Model. Thanks.

2. Great Lakes Captain RangerTim619's Avatar
    Did you do the on the water setup process?
    Ranger 619 * Honda 200* Minn Kota* Humminbird *Garmin
    Fenwick *Abu Garcia

3. Member
    Yes, Second summer with no issues until just recently.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    The first time i deploy the ultrex and hit the spot lock it will not engage until after I repeatedly tap it about ten times.
    Any one know what the problem might be.2019 Model. Thanks.
    May be the remote. Try to do it with your phone. download the I-Pilot app and pair with the phone. Hit the anchor shape symbol and see if it engages. If it does it is the remote. If not may be some other problem.

5. Member
    I do not use the remote. Button on the foot pedal.

Not sure it's the same.. mine has times it will not engage when first deployed. every now and then it may take a minute before it's able to lock. figured it had something to do with GPS finding itself.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Not sure it's the same.. mine has times it will not engage when first deployed. every now and then it may take a minute before it's able to lock. figured it had something to do with GPS finding itself.
    Same thing with mine. I just wait 30 seconds and then hit it gain.
    2014 Xpress X-19 Pro Yammy VMAX 175 HDPI

8. Member
    As some have stated if you try to engage the spotlock and the GPS has not found itself it will take longer to engage spotlock. Allow time for the GPS to find itself and then engage. See if that helps. Also you might try to update the software. This may help also. Got to the app store and download the I-pilot app. Pair to the troll motor and when you open the app it will tell you if an update is available. It will also update the remote. Even though you don't use it is recommended that you keep up with the updates.

9. Member
    Thanks everyone for there help.Its just that it was always instantaneous when i pressed the button down.
    Fishing the river current I may be one hundred yards downstream by the time it engages,and i am one of the few that don't use a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwater View Post
    Thanks everyone for there help.Its just that it was always instantaneous when i pressed the button down.
    Fishing the river current I may be one hundred yards downstream by the time it engages,and i am one of the few that don't use a cell phone.
    Agreed-- It can be aggravating, at times mine will kick right in- others not so much. I just stay ready to correct manually till it decides to show up.