Minn Kota power drive rebuild kit

I have a Minn Kota power drive MKAC2372128. The prop turns slowly then stops and starts occasionally. I think I need to rebuild the lower unit. Can you please tell me what parts I need?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leckbass View Post
    I have a Minn Kota power drive MKAC2372128. The prop turns slowly then stops and starts occasionally. I think I need to rebuild the lower unit. Can you please tell me what parts I need?
    Do I just order the brush and seal kit?

3. Member
    Look on ebay

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alumicraft145 View Post
    Look on ebay
    I'm not positive which kit to order, that's what I'm trying to figure out

5. Member
    There is not rebuild kit. You have to tare it down figure what you need and then look for the parts on Minn Kota website. The only kit is the seal kit. Kit depends on what Thrust you have. I looked up the serial number and it did not come up. what # thrust is it? I know it is a 2002 model. Just need thrust. If you need more than seals the then you have to order the parts individually. Look at the
    Hit the browse diagrams and follow the tree until you find your # thrust. It will have a complete breakdown of the motor and all the part numbers. Seal kit # will be at the bottom of the parts list.

https://motors.johnsonoutdoors.com/P...archParts.aspx

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    There is not rebuild kit. You have to tare it down figure what you need and then look for the parts on Minn Kota website. The only kit is the seal kit. Kit depends on what Thrust you have. I looked up the serial number and it did not come up. what # thrust is it? I know it is a 2002 model. Just need thrust. If you need more than seals the then you have to order the parts individually. Look at the
    Hit the browse diagrams and follow the tree until you find your # thrust. It will have a complete breakdown of the motor and all the part numbers. Seal kit # will be at the bottom of the parts list.

I appreciate your help, I will look it up. It's a 50 lb thrust

7. Member

No expert here at all, I took apart the motor yesterday and everything looked as clean as could be. There is some minor discoloration on the Armature, but I think it's insignificant.

8. Member
    The armature looks good except that one segment has a dark spot on the leading edge of the segment. It could e that the film on the commutator may be preventing good contact with the brushes. I would clean the commutator up and put it back together before you put all new seals and see if the motor runs to speed by applying 12 volts directly to the wires in the head going to the motor. If it runs full speed the motor is not the problem. If it turns slowly as before then replace the armature. You may have a problem in the board or the foot pedal. I have a used board, but the board and the foot pedal are obsolete. If you don't want to sink money in a new one then I would upgrade to V2. All you need is a board and a foot pedal. But we will cross that road when it is time.

9. Member
    The armature looks good except that one segment has a dark spot on the leading edge of the segment. It could e that the film on the commutator may be preventing good contact with the brushes. I would clean the commutator up and put it back together before you put all new seals and see if the motor runs to speed by applying 12 volts directly to the wires in the head going to the motor. If it runs full speed the motor is not the problem. If it turns slowly as before then replace the armature. You may have a problem in the board or the foot pedal. I have a used board, but the board and the foot pedal are obsolete. If you don't want to sink money in a new one then I would upgrade to V2. All you need is a board and a foot pedal. But we will cross that road when it is time.
    I applied power Strait to the wires that go down the shaft, and the motor turns without a problem. It's definitely the board or the foot pedal.

10. Member
    I applied power Strait to the wires that go down the shaft, and the motor turns without a problem. It's definitely the board or the foot pedal.
    The foot boards are the main point of failure on most of these models. Would be the 1st thing I recommend inspecting
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ride.race.live View Post
    The foot boards are the main point of failure on most of these models. Would be the 1st thing I recommend inspecting
    Open to suggestions how to test a footboard, is there a way I could jump some of the connections at the plug?

12. Member
    Open to suggestions how to test a footboard, is there a way I could jump some of the connections at the plug?
    best bet if you know someone with another pedal like yours that you can try. Otherwise I think it would need to be sent in to a service shop where they could tell you if its the pedal or not.

someone on here may chim in and correct me though! never know !
    2004 Ranger Reata 180vs 8" rapid jack magnum CCM reeds 21P tempest plus- 2005 150 optimax 1B044209