Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ken Smith,,,, youtube videos

Any of y’all watching those on his YouTube channel of him fishing out of different bass boats ?
    If you are you MAY want to keep watching !
    A Bullet is on the horizon...

I’ll take a looksy! That would be cool!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Banned
    Oughta be fun... He might like the trailer... Dan

I’ll bet a pack of worms he don’t!

Watch for the video Tuesday !

6. Member
    I don't expect a very good score (probably his lowest to date), but I do expect Ken to be positively surprised about some things. He will be honest though and Bullet should listen to what he has to say if they care which I don't think they do. They have a niche and they know it and that is all they want. We all know Bullet isn't for every one and I don't think a Bullet is even in the ball park of what Ken is looking for. Just not a match.

7. Scraps
    I'm not in the market so don't watch those closely. Butt I do watch his videos, some really good content. I will anxiously await the "reveal" video.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Member
    Curious to see what he has to say myself, watching along with the series. Not sure if I agree with what he’s looking at as pros and cons but I do like watching a walk through of the different features and aspects of the different brands. In a Ranger with my eyes on a bullet so we’ll see what the likes/dislikes are
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I don't expect a very good score (probably his lowest to date), but I do expect Ken to be positively surprised about some things. He will be honest though and Bullet should listen to what he has to say if they care which I don't think they do. They have a niche and they know it and that is all they want. We all know Bullet isn't for every one and I don't think a Bullet is even in the ball park of what Ken is looking for. Just not a match.
    I agree.

I told Ken this boat was probably not what he was looking for. He has never been in a Bullet. The boat he is looking for is what fits him. Also, remember he fishes Rayburn mostly. All boats have some sort of trade off. He fished the boat and ran the boat solo. Had I known he was going solo I would have set up the weight differently. It was full of two guys gear fishing a two day tournament. I could have done better at that. (my bad). I think he enjoyed running it,,,,,, he never got it on the drain plug! The weather man knew we were going fishing and Rayburn was at its best,,,, 47 miles long and 5 mile wide with gust of 25 mph winds. He got to drive it in rough water.
    well see how he scores. Regardless, I'm still impressed and still learning myself the ins and outs of it.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief206 View Post
    I told Ken this boat was probably not what he was looking for. He has never been in a Bullet. The boat he is looking for is what fits him. Also, remember he fishes Rayburn mostly. All boats have some sort of trade off. He fished the boat and ran the boat solo. Had I known he was going solo I would have set up the weight differently. It was full of two guys gear fishing a two day tournament. I could have done better at that. (my bad). I think he enjoyed running it,,,,,, he never got it on the drain plug! The weather man knew we were going fishing and Rayburn was at its best,,,, 47 miles long and 5 mile wide with gust of 25 mph winds. He got to drive it in rough water.
    well see how he scores. Regardless, I'm still impressed and still learning myself the ins and outs of it.
    Honestly, it is probably best the weather was like it was. That is what everybody wants to know and what very very few non Bullet owners know and that is the ride. The misconception is very wrong from reality. Everybody knows they can run, but can they ride when the wind blows and there isn't many better lakes to find out than Sam Rayburn. And I have seen your boat - he doesn't compliment how pretty that Bullet looks, I will be shocked and disappointed in Ken.

My first and only Bullet ride was last year in a
    21 XRS. Asked my dealer for a ride. He hooked me up with a great guy that day and Fork was brutal. Actually, just what I wanted to see. On Fork you have to stay in the lanes. The rest is history.

13. Banned
    Sorry for my ignorance but what boat motor combo is Ken testing???... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance but what boat motor combo is Ken testing???... Dan
    21 SDC
    300 Merc r

15. Banned
    I thought Ken was a tournament guy???... Why waste time with a rig with a 300hp???... The sound of the engine winding up should get a few extra points... Dan

16. Member
    He just posted his 21SDC review in the Lounge. Almost exactly what I expected. Looked and acted like a kid at the carnival after riding in it. Expressed how good it looked, but never took it as a serious contender. His negatives were nothing new and nothing we all probably already know and accept as part of the package.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    He just posted his 21SDC review in the Lounge. Almost exactly what I expected. Looked and acted like a kid at the carnival after riding in it. Expressed how good it looked, but never took it as a serious contender. His negatives were nothing new and nothing we all probably already know and accept as part of the package.
    I agree with you 100%. What really got me was some of the comments made below the video by folks who have never owned and know nothing about Bullets. I've been running my Bullet for 19 years, you would think I would be used to it, but still gets me that folks knock stuff just because its not what they would want. If all they want is a wide boat and don't like to go fast, go buy a pontoon, best of both worlds, slow and wide (not meant to offend any pontoon owners, and I really like the tri hulls that run like a wild ape).....lol

That is a beautiful Bullet and I enjoyed that review more than any he has done. From a pure “putting a smile on your face“ perspective I think the Bullet should be Kens next boat out of the ones he’s reviewed so far. I’m 52 but don’t want to ever grow up, I’d take that with a 300R over a Ranger any day. I’m not putting Ranger down, I just like the wow factor and still feeling like a kid. I see a guy with a Bullet with a 300 on it on Conroe occasionally and I’m always a little jealous.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    That is a beautiful Bullet and I enjoyed that review more than any he has done. From a pure “putting a smile on your face“ perspective I think the Bullet should be Kens next boat out of the ones he’s reviewed so far. I’m 52 but don’t want to ever grow up, I’d take that with a 300R over a Ranger any day. I’m not putting Ranger down, I just like the wow factor and still feeling like a kid. I see a guy with a Bullet with a 300 on it on Conroe occasionally and I’m always a little jealous.
    I agree, I’ve followed along with his reviews and by a long shot he was extremely impressed with the ride/performance, you cannot hide the smile on his face. Looking forward to part two. The enjoyment factor alone should make the Bullet a contender
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I agree, I’ve followed along with his reviews and by a long shot he was extremely impressed with the ride/performance, you cannot hide the smile on his face. Looking forward to part two. The enjoyment factor alone should make the Bullet a contender
    Is it his style of boat??? Probably not, I’ve never owned a vet but sure would like to drive on for the weekend!
    i did notice the smile !!!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast