Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Has he done a follow up video?
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLET FAN View Post
    Has he done a follow up video?
    He put together his rating video.

3. Member
    I noticed it’s the only boat he has driven so far that made him smile. You know that smile when the cat has a canary feather hanging out of its mouth insisting he hasn’t seen it!! Just saying he can’t hide that grin Bullet gave him. Score is Bullet!

4. Banned
    The problem I have with Ken rating a Bullet is he never ever had any intent on buy one... It's like a Bullet guy test driving a Ranger and complaining about performance... If he was serious he'd call the factory or a dealer and get the particulars. He tested a Phoenix and couldn't give you the difference between the models... If I'm gonna buy a 70k+ boat I'm gonna research it to where I can tell you what bells and whistles are standard and what's available... Wanna bet he ends up in either a Ranger, Phoenix or Bass Cat???... Maybe Caymas boats... Test driving a Bullet, Ballistic and Gambler is just for show... Dan

Agree 100%
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jefferson.price280 View Post
    I noticed it’s the only boat he has driven so far that made him smile. You know that smile when the cat has a canary feather hanging out of its mouth insisting he hasn’t seen it!! Just saying he can’t hide that grin Bullet gave him. Score is Bullet!
    It’s like giving a guy shopping for a 4 door luxury sedan a test drive in a race ready Porsche. He’s gonna have a smile on his face but that’s not what he’s shopping for.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    The problem I have with Ken rating a Bullet is he never ever had any intent on buy one... It's like a Bullet guy test driving a Ranger and complaining about performance... If he was serious he'd call the factory or a dealer and get the particulars. He tested a Phoenix and couldn't give you the difference between the models... If I'm gonna buy a 70k+ boat I'm gonna research it to where I can tell you what bells and whistles are standard and what's available... Wanna bet he ends up in either a Ranger, Phoenix or Bass Cat???... Maybe Caymas boats... Test driving a Bullet, Ballistic and Gambler is just for show... Dan
    why not test drive it and give a score even if he knows he doesn’t want a go fast boat? He’s made it pretty clear the score is based on his personal preferences, why get worked up about it?
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

How can you rate a boat that you cant drive over 70?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Exactly

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

10. Member
    I'm actually very pleased how this worked out. Nothing to see here, move along. Some people like bells and whistles, some don't. Some will sacrifice performance for a wide round nosed boat with more forward room. At the moment, quality and performance ranks above fancy switches and and a wide front end for me. I enjoy the fact that I can go in a parts store and buy virtually any part for my controls and replace it easily. I enjoy the 80's look, as they call it, that hasn't ever needed changed because it was done right the first time. Still the baddest ass looking boat on the water. These boats aren't for everyone. I especially didn't expect much of a review from Ken because he has entirely different views about what makes a boat than me and slot of others. He wouldn't like my review of a ranger, skeeter, triton ,caymas,etc,etc,etc.

11. Member
    We're all just bias Bullet Brothers, nothing wrong with that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    We're all just bias Bullet Brothers, nothing wrong with that!!!!
    I’m not. I fish from many other brands regularly.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    One comment Ken makes in his review that I hope other brand owners pick up on is: "this is a dry riding boat and an excellent big water boat"...............thats contrary to common belief that you have to sacrifice ride for performance.

I’m not. I fish from many other brands regularly.
    I don’t just fish from mine either. I have a buddy that we take out his Nitro, kind of a take turn thing, “but”, there will always be a Bullet parked in my garage.

15. Member
    me too, my regular buddy has a TR22 Triton, other one has a Ranger, one guy I fish with once in a blue moon has a Phoenix, my buddy I used to work with has a Lowe, but there will ALWAYS be a Bullet in my garage tooo!!!

16. Member
    By how well it fishes? Handles? How shallow it will draft? By how big of water it will eat up? Maybe by it didn’t break down or sink? or possibly, the boat I tested first broke down , then it sank? . Or it could be rated on shinynesesses. I love performance hulls in particular, but anything can be rated. Even bar “owners“

Can you imagine "Car and Driver" or "Motor Trend" doing a review on a GT Mustang, Corvette, Ferrari, etc and only drive it to 70mph? 0-60 at 1/2 throttle?

Bullets are the Ferrari of Bassboats in my opinion....

Can you imagine "Car and Driver" or "Motor Trend" doing a review on a GT Mustang, Corvette, Ferrari, etc and only drive it to 70mph? 0-60 at 1/2 throttle?

Bullets are the Ferrari of Bassboats in my opinion....
    I say this ^^^ myself. Have to add a few things for the none believers. If Ken only had experience in the go fast boats he could have given a true performance demonstration. Although the never ending smile on his face told that story, even at the slower speeds. He was giddy as a kid in a candy store. I feel the same way every time I run mine! Storage compartments and livewells are way plentiful in a Bullet. Some guys don’t like the fact that you have to pull the tank to perform maintenance on pumps or thru-hull transducers, but they never pulled a Bullet tank. Easy peasy. Deck area is tremendous. Quite a large back deck also. Bullets float high out of the water for shallow stuff as well as running hard on top of waves and they slice them to make a comfortable and dry ride. Oh a Bullet is light and gets blown around......mhmmm, my TM takes care of wind and I don’t have an Ultrex or similar. Especially these guys with some form of spotlock it isn’t a problem. The heavy boats get moved around in heavy wind also. That old tank of a Stratos I fished for years was over a ton and it blew around the same. Bullet’s super light, (and super strong) hull design increases fuel economy by a large percentage. We get the same distance on a 36 gallon tank what some boats have to with mid 40’s to 50 gallon ones. Also making less motor stress and laboring. Go half throttle and still keep up with everyone else. I’ve fished (fun and tournaments) in several brands over the last 40 years and there are likes and dislikes in all. As far as overall performance on the water with a Bullet, it covers all fields as good as any if not better than most. From speed, comfort and dry ride, all these things you’ll find with a Bullet. Super long decks with plenty of room. Although preference with some is a super wide deck, but then speed is sacrificed. My Bullet is an 08 and the only thing I wish was different, is for my console to be a little higher or cut out more for my long legs. Now after I put my legs under I can’t touch the front for nothing. Plenty of room under there, just the lower edge needs raised. Quality in build, performance and finish is top of the line. Myself, I love everything about a Bullet. Ken is used to a certain style boat and that’s his opinion, as everyone else. Not all people are made for the go-fasters. I’ve seen so many change opinions after fishing or running in one. I have a buddy that experienced that same thing not long ago. He’s actually looking to buy one now and trade in his present brand. Ken said things that I could agree with and others not so. He in his own opinion, I felt gave a truthful review. I’m sure others would have reviewed and rated somewhat differently with each brand based off personal mind set.
    Last edited by WVBullet; 10-08-2020 at 10:48 AM.

19. Member
    same reason some people drive Fords, some people drive Chevys, I drive a Bullet!!

20. Novice Boaters Forum Moderator jclark408's Avatar
    Pretty accurate analysis
    ------Co-founder of Post Derailment, LLC---------

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast