Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Jeff your boat is unreal!!!! Sounded like a NASCAR on that video . Thanks for letting us know it was going to be reviewed, it was fun to watch. I ordered my SDC 4 weeks ago and this wait has been KILLING me. After seeing that video of the boat running now its just plain torture and damn near unbearable!

2. Member
    I’ve been a Bullet fan all of my life. They’re the best looking boat on the water. I owned a 20XD with and 225 V-Max with an Hydra-Tec Phase 2 kit. What a fun boat! Fast forward several years later. I’m looking at new boats and I’m really shocked Bullet hasn’t redefined a few of their boats with the tournament fisherman in mind. Just look at the Blazer. A flash of the Bullet. I bet Ken would score a new Blazer way higher than a Bullet. All Bullet would have to do is widen the beam, come up with a better looking console, get rid of those old school gauges, add better gauge placement, some better styling and more comfortable seats and get rid of that crappy rear fuel tank design where you can access your pumps and add a few options on to the trailer. They charge a premium price for a boat that has some outdated designs with some cheap options.

3. Member
    I don’t get the people that want to change a bullet into just another slow cookie cutter if that’s what you want there’s a ton of options. I have a 21 foot 10 inch fishing boat loaded runs in the 90s.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

4. Member
    Kyle that is a Awesome point. That's why Bullets are Bullets They are so unique not a COKIE CUTTER. They are tops in all categories. You get a great fishing boat, tons of storage, a great ride, and tremendous handling and just amazing speed. Then the looks are 2nd to none. I have had Bullets for 25 years and every time get behind the wheel I get that giddy feeling just like Mr Smith did in the video. You could tell by the look on his face and the pitch of his voice he thoroughly enjoyed driving that Bullet boat. Don't worry about it Mr Smith we on this site know the exact same feeling! LOL
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 09-22-2020 at 11:10 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

5. Member
    I owned a Bullet for 15 years along with an 20ft Astro. Im not brand loyal like you guys are. I call it like I see it. If you think a Bullets fuel cell design location with hardly no access to pumps is a top design well there’s no need for me to go any further. I’ve lost all of the pumps in my Bullet and Astro and you will if you keep boats as long as I do. Bullet guys will tell that it’s easy well it’s really not. It’s a PITA compared to the 10 minutes total it took me to change them in the Astro. Redefining a few Bullets doesn't make them a cookie cutter. Just take a look at the Blazers. They would always have their other models for you guys who like 80,s Nostalgia ����

6. Member
    Is the fuel tank location the best for pump removal no but your other comment talks about basically changing the hole boat width and all. I’ve gone from “wide” boats Skeeter champion to a bullet don’t miss ether one. I’m a knocking the other brands I’ve owned definitely not I enjoyed those boats for different reasons.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    I don’t get the people that want to change a bullet into just another slow cookie cutter if that’s what you want there’s a ton of options. I have a 21 foot 10 inch fishing boat loaded runs in the 90s.
    I don't think anyone is wanting to change every model, just offer a wider deck model with better access to pumps. People still want Bullet quality, service and looks, but just a little more fishermen friendly.

Let me chime in, I don't want to come across arrogant or rude so please don't take it that way. Make a boat wider requires new molds,expensive and to what sell 10 boats a year? You give up performance by gaining width, (ask the champion owners). I came from a Champion 201 to a 202 to 206, I gained width but lost performance and the boat didn't turn like they should, not to mention to gain access in sump, they put the gas tank under the seats. Now we lost lift.
    The old school gauges and switches,,,to me that was a plus. I can quickly see the gauges at a glance and can repair a switch from a auto repair shop in 5 minutes. Those who have those push button switches whose boats are no longer produced are up chit creek. Bass Cat tries to help!!!! Thanks Rick. I am glad Bullet just like Allison has decided to not make changes in what brought them to the dance. Make a few changes along way but prove it's dependability before you release it. Ask Legend with the V20. Heck,,,,I run a SDC, to the original Bullet faithful, they may not like that boat. I do. And don't know what I missed out on. Which brings up this point.
    Asking Bullet to change its deck and rear tank, well, then you have just another wide deck boat with tank under the seat and tub for performance. Unfortunately, Most wouldn't know the difference.
    Last edited by Chief206; 09-23-2020 at 09:37 AM.

9. Member
    As far as the gas tank goes I dont get the big problem. The first time I took mine out of my first 21XD I was in my early 20's. It took me less than 30 minutes to get that thing out. I had never even changed a spark plug on a boat before. Heck I had only changed oil in my vehicles a handful of times. I am not mechanically inclined. So what do you want Bullet to do change the gas tank placement where it would probably throw off the total performance of the boat due to weight distribution is different. I am as so confused. People thinking Bullet should do something about being able to make it easier to change a part that you may need to change 1 time in 10 years if that. I have a 2005 21xd. I have not had to change pumps. When people buy a Ferrari do they get rid of it because the oil filter is hard to reach?? Listen to how crazy this sounds. "Well those Bullet boats are great boats. They fish good, tons of storage, they have big fishing square feet platforms front & rear. Ride & handling is outstanding. They are fast as all get out and they are the sexiest boat on the water. But But its a little tough to change out the bilge pump." Holy cow??
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 09-23-2020 at 09:24 AM.

10. Member
    I've worked on many Skeeter boats. Until the last few years you had to move oil tank, charger, couple batteries to get to bilge. Not fun at all. Pulled fuel tank in my bullet last night to replace a xducer and it was way easier than doing one in some of the other boats I've replaced them in.

11. Member
    One of the main reasons a 21XRS is slower than an 21XRD is because they moved the seats forward 4 inches and that changes the balance of the boat. Could you image what moving the fuel tank would do? It would ruin the performance of the boat. I have a 20XRD and the tank is much harder to remove in it than the 21X boats and even more so compared to the 21XRS and I can have my tank out in 20 minutes including draining it. Is it a pain, sure, but how often does it need to be done? I've had mine out 3 or 4 times in 10 years and that's mainly because of changing electronics brands and needing a new transducer, not pumps failing. What I am saying is I think it's worth the trade off to keep the performance of the boat.

On another note I do wonder if they put the 21SS pad, which is 2 inches further forward and has more chine angle (might not be the correct term) to it, under the 21 XRS if it would gain a couple miles an hour.

I may not have helped any by mentioning its was a winter project. I think in 40 plus years of owning a bass boat I have only changed one (1) pump. I'm happy to know its not that big of a PITA to change. On my Champion without a rear tank it was a PITA,,,,,3 batteries, oil tank. sub floor, charger,,, it was a weekend project! You give me hope to know that when and if one goes bad my son or son in law can get it done. I'm to old and fat to go bilge diving.

13. Banned
    If only Porsche offered the 911 with beefed up suspension, mud tires and an 8' bed... Damn talks about the ultimate tow vehicle... But guess what???... It wouldn't be a Porsche... Bullet does what it does best. Build the ultimate go fast boat with a great fishing platform... As they say, Total Performance... Dan

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leebob View Post
    I don't think anyone is wanting to change every model, just offer a wider deck model with better access to pumps. People still want Bullet quality, service and looks, but just a little more fishermen friendly.
    Exactly this right here. What part of this do people not understand? I’m a Mopar guy. Own a 70 Charger RT. Bullet owners remind me of these old Mopar guys. They are some of the most sensitive brand loyal people you’ll come across. According to these old Mopar guys you won’t find anything wrong them and that’s the way Bullet guys are. I respect the loyalty but I’m wanting what Leebob is pointing out. So right now I’m looking at Blazer and Bass Cat.

Time for me to add my 2 cents. People go on about deck width. Bullets are go fast performance boats with a fishing platform. A Bullet’s deck is long. If I catch a bass on the starboard side, I’ll go forward and backward and land that bass on the starboard side. I don’t run across to the port side like Iaconelli. No need in it. Those are big long decks. If a guy likes a tugboat shaped deck, then buy a Ranger. Bullets are Bullets, not cannonballs. I’ve heard some say they are “tippy”. Well I’m 6’2” 250 lbs and I walk all over my boat with no tippy issues. I only stand on my topcap in my socks. Some guys will howl over that, that it’s a boat to be used not pampered. Well, a Bullet topcap is a thing of beauty and should be treated so. I don’t want a little rock in someone’s or my shoe tread and scratch it all to pieces. If that’s the case, I’ll get a jonboat! Now to the tanks. My 21xd tank is 36gal. With a cordless drill, take out a few brace screws and hose clamps and my tank lifts right out. 10 minute job! Done it several times. NO PROBLEM. I have heard the lip sometimes messes with ya on the 20xd’s. Not sure, never pulled a tank on one. Would it be easier to have pumps more accessible? Yes. Is it a death defying issue? No. Bullet made these boats with performance in mind for guys that have the need for speed. The complete building process is art in itself. Hand laid and not made with a chopper gun. Each layer or dab of glass is rolled out to get all the air bubbles removed. Air bubbles are weak spots. More glass does not mean stronger, just heavier. Cookie cutter manufacturers use chopper guns for a fast process. Meaning more boats put out for so-called higher sales. Cheaper, not always better. With the aircraft carrier decks and spacious compartments make them a super bass fishing platform. I’m not slamming other platforms or brands, there are several good brands out there, but Bullet has a design made for performance for people who want that. If you go increasing width, you lose performance. There’s no perfect platform, without some kind of sacrifice. I could go on, but I think I added my whole dollar’s worth. Below is my Bullet’s deck. If that ain’t enough room to fish from, then there is a problem.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    Time for me to add my 2 cents. People go on about deck width. Bullets are go fast performance boats with a fishing platform. A Bullet’s deck is long. If I catch a bass on the starboard side, I’ll go forward and backward and land that bass on the starboard side. I don’t run across to the port side like Iaconelli. No need in it. Those are big long decks. If a guy likes a tugboat shaped deck, then buy a Ranger. Bullets are Bullets, not cannonballs. I’ve heard some say they are “tippy”. Well I’m 6’2” 250 lbs and I walk all over my boat with no tippy issues. I only stand on my topcap in my socks. Some guys will howl over that, that it’s a boat to be used not pampered. Well, a Bullet topcap is a thing of beauty and should be treated so. I don’t want a little rock in someone’s or my shoe tread and scratch it all to pieces. If that’s the case, I’ll get a jonboat! Now to the tanks. My 21xd tank is 36gal. With a cordless drill, take out a few brace screws and hose clamps and my tank lifts right out. 10 minute job! Done it several times. NO PROBLEM. I have heard the lip sometimes messes with ya on the 20xd’s. Not sure, never pulled a tank on one. Would it be easier to have pumps more accessible? Yes. Is it a death defying issue? No. Bullet made these boats with performance in mind for guys that have the need for speed. The complete building process is art in itself. Hand laid and not made with a chopper gun. Each layer or dab of glass is rolled out to get all the air bubbles removed. Air bubbles are weak spots. More glass does not mean stronger, just heavier. Cookie cutter manufacturers use chopper guns for a fast process. Meaning more boats put out for so-called higher sales. Cheaper, not always better. With the aircraft carrier decks and spacious compartments make them a super bass fishing platform. I’m not slamming other platforms or brands, there are several good brands out there, but Bullet has a design made for performance for people who want that. If you go increasing width, you lose performance. There’s no perfect platform, without some kind of sacrifice. I could go on, but I think I added my whole dollar’s worth. Below is my Bullet’s deck. If that ain’t enough room to fish from, then there is a problem.

Touche !

17. Member
    Show off that Boat Randy!!! Can’t blame you!! Sharp for sure.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 09-23-2020 at 02:47 PM.

And the church said ,,,,,,,,, AMEN!

19. Member
    That is a beautiful boat for sure Randy, I called and talked to Bullet today about the SDC and XRS, they told me 16-18 weeks for a new one right now. Might take a ride to N.C. this weekend to look at one.

20. Banned
    Chief, that is a beautiful boat that you own! I bet it will score really high in the quality & ride dept, it took those choppy waves really well. Prob won’t sure well in his fishing dept though. Thank you for letting him run it, I really enjoyed how he was like a kid on Christmas morning.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast