Thread: rod storage

rod storage

anyone know who made the rod storage tubes for champion in the 05 -10 elites
    like to get a bigger tube for the spinning rods I'm using now-- the bottom eye is too big

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Those are Moosehead rod organizers by R&R Design in Terrell, TX.

https://www.rnrd.com/marine-products/rod-organizers/

3. Banned
    I had to pull my mooseheads out, on the verge of worthless. I bent an eye over trying to get a rod in them, that was it, gone.

4. Member
    I pulled all the tubes and antlers out of mine and threw em in the trash. All my rods wear socks now and go in and out of the locker like a hot knife through butter. Made fishin a lot more fun......

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsturggie View Post
    I pulled all the tubes and antlers out of mine and threw em in the trash. All my rods wear socks now and go in and out of the locker like a hot knife through butter. Made fishin a lot more fun......
    I did the same on my 198

6. Member
    well i like mine
    thats why i asked where to get larger tubes
    fishing everyday you cant be tripping over rods on the deck if not in use

7. Banned
    Well the 2005 tubes sucked, not sure if the new ones are bigger, but contact Charger and see what size they are using now.

8. Member
    I have found florescent light covers at Lowes work pretty well for me.

9. Member
    my champ is an 06
    the only problem i have is trying to put spinning rods away -- casting rods slide in nicely with socks on
    TH marine has some ideas and will be a winter project to see if i can improve on it

Quote Originally Posted by kmed2 View Post
    anyone know who made the rod storage tubes for champion in the 05 -10 elites
    like to get a bigger tube for the spinning rods I'm using now-- the bottom eye is too big
    Give taking out the rod tubes a try. You have nothing to lose and you won't be spending any more money since you have the rod covers. If you don't like just using just the covers, you can always put the tubes back in. If you take out a rod located in a bottom tube, it has to go back in the bottom tube. Without the tubes a rod taken out of the bottom of the pile will just be replaced to the top of the pile.
    2012 Stratos ChampioN 183 Elite
    Mercury 175 ProXS

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    I just pulled the moose head and left the tubes in. I understand the tubes are small for some spin rods today as I have to bend some to get them in. Watching as may do same. Let us know and pics.

GL kmed2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BOW4UM; 10-13-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

12. Member
    I used golf club tubes set into a formed piece of plywood. I cut it snug to curve of the hull and then secured it at the rod boxes offset. I put 10 tubes in each rod box. I copied the moose head handle carrier but only allowed for the 10 tubes.

I have plenty of room under the rods for misc stuff.

13. Member
    2" schedule 20 PVC pipe, and a wine bottle. Hold the tip of the pipe in nearly boiling water to soften it then push it over the wine bottle to achieve your desired flare.

After that, the only think you'll need to do is completely gut your lockers, then build and install a 100% custom tube holder system.

It really is THAT simple.