Thread: Phone Mounts

Phone Mounts

Has any found a great iPhone mount? I am wanting to add one to my new 21PHX. I have two 12" Garmins at the console and looking for a place to mount the phone. Please post any pics that you might have showing what your using and where you have it mounted.
    Thanks, Jim
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I just recently bought the Ram X-Grip for my truck....have used it in the boat also.....

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-166-UN7U
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I have a suction cup phone mount on the flat piece of gel coat between the console and gunnel. My phone mount is not very good at holding a phone while running so I wouldn’t suggest it but for sure that location works well. My holder is an ottie. I purchased it from Best Buy. It’s great in a car but like I said on the water it’s not the best.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I have the same mount bolted on my ZeroTurn Mower, it doesn't budge, bought it for my Phoenix and never installed I just stick mine behind the handle beside the seat and center box
    2020-08-24 17.12.52.jpg2020-08-09 16.55.37.jpg
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 09-16-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

5. Member
    I use one called abovetek
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074PD1GNY..._YZRyFbTK8Q1HX

I love it, had one on my last boat and now my Phoenix. Says it's for iPad but fits my Samsung great. Has good adjustment and suction cup is industrial. I tried a x grip by ram but the mount moves all over and I eventually broke the ball after long runs several times. Also keep in mind I have tried many different phone mounts and this one is definitely the strongest imo and comes with an allen key to tighten down all points of rotation.
    I really like the placement in the console for the abovetek because I run Vesselview Bluetooth and I can see everything on my phone while having it plugged into the USB charger under the shifter.

20200917_104116.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 802spinnerbait; 09-17-2020 at 09:52 AM.
    Phoenix 2021 721 ProXP
    250 v8 ProXS SN#2B780777
    Lowrance HDS Lives

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I just recently bought the Ram X-Grip for my truck....have used it in the boat also.....

https://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-166-UN7U
    I bought the same one, CANNOT RECOMMEND its use when it’s in the heat it loses suction. Had it for 2-months and just 3 weeks ago on Guntersville lake running ~75, it came lose and phone and mount blew out of the boat, lost an iPhone 10. Do not use unless it’s near the throttle below the gunnels.

As a side note, I had it mounted to the left of the graph on the flat surface, it appeared to secure, but the heat is a factor I didn’t take into account.

7. Moderator
    I like the Ram mount one.

8. Member

9. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 280ssStroker View Post
    I bought the same one, CANNOT RECOMMEND its use when it’s in the heat it loses suction. Had it for 2-months and just 3 weeks ago on Guntersville lake running ~75, it came lose and phone and mount blew out of the boat, lost an iPhone 10. Do not use unless it’s near the throttle below the gunnels.

As a side note, I had it mounted to the left of the graph on the flat surface, it appeared to secure, but the heat is a factor I didn’t take into account.
    I agree, it will lose suction in my truck BUT i'm not crazy about putting a phone in the mount
    on a boat to start off with due to losing it......i have tried it out a few times but i typically keep it in my center console. Plus keeping your phone out on the dash down in the south will overheat the phone. It happens to me all the time.

In the end, a person needs to use their brain when mounting cause there's a chance it will fly out of the boat some how.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

10. Member
    Mine is adhesive, and only use it for VV Mobile.

11. Member
    I use the ram mount and used double sided tape for the base.