Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Factory tour videos?

Does anyone know of videos showing the Nitro build process? Would love to see how Nitro builds their boats and see what the factory looks like. I found them for most other brands but nothing on the Nitro's?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

I am not aware of any videos.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Banned

Thanks but those are just computer generated models. I wonder why there are no actual videos of the plant around?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Most companies will not show their process of building something. Kind of like KFC not telling us their secret recipe.

Ranger, skeeter, vexus, bass cat, ballistic, phoenix, falcon..... they dont seem to have a problem with it. Matter of fact they are proud to show the process and quality of their boats. I really like the new Z20 and Z21 boats but my biggest hold up would be the build quality
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

7. Dogfish_Jones
    The Z20 is built solid. Very nice fit and finish to it. I have zero complaints on mine.

8. Moderator
    My next boat will be a Nitro.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

9. Member
    I think Nitro has some of the best boats being made. And they come at a great value

my brand new Z 21 is awesome no complaints

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    Ranger, skeeter, vexus, bass cat, ballistic, phoenix, falcon..... they dont seem to have a problem with it. Matter of fact they are proud to show the process and quality of their boats. I really like the new Z20 and Z21 boats but my biggest hold up would be the build quality
    I looked at Phoenix, Skeeter and Nitro. All three had areas they were nicer than the other. The Z21 has premium carpet, full fiberglass consoles, all wiring accessed from the top, no crawling under the console, better livewells IMO, standard rear swim ladder, touch screen console, most comfortable seats of the 3, best ice chest of the three, etc. Its hard to complain about what you get for the price IMO.

12. Member
    What are you expecting to see in a video that would tell you if the boats are quality or not? That is a serious question. I'm not a boat builder so when I see those video's it's all just meaningless marketing nonsense to me. I have to climb around in a boat and touch everything before I can form an opinion.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

13. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    What are you expecting to see in a video that would tell you if the boats are quality or not? That is a serious question. I'm not a boat builder so when I see those video's it's all just meaningless marketing nonsense to me. I have to climb around in a boat and touch everything before I can form an opinion.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    I looked at Phoenix, Skeeter and Nitro. All three had areas they were nicer than the other. The Z21 has premium carpet, full fiberglass consoles, all wiring accessed from the top, no crawling under the console, better livewells IMO, standard rear swim ladder, touch screen console, most comfortable seats of the 3, best ice chest of the three, etc. Its hard to complain about what you get for the price IMO.
    The Z21 is badass

Nitro has nothing to hide. You can have a free tour of the plant at almost anytime (not 100% sure during this pandemic however). I took the tour years back and was extremely impressed. The boats are truely hand made for the most part. The plant is like you might expect, hot inside, smells like resin, and the floor shows years of work that has been done. But the work is done by actual people who have years of experience for the most part. I believe they are able to get a boat off the line every 14 minutes or so, but it takes 5 days to complete each boat from start to finish. They have multiple molds for most models, so you will see several boats on the line at the same time staged at various phases of the mfg. process. Maybe a Z20, followed by a Z18, ZV19, Z21, just depends on the order sequence.

The hull color patterns are hand taped, masked and sprayed. The glass and resin are also laid down by hand.
    One side of the plant focuses on the hull, while the other side focuses on the top cap that goes with it. The stringer is brought in from another line off the side when the hull is ready for it. I was surprised how substantial the stringer system was. It is one solid piece, not in pieces. The foam is added after that glass bond has cured.
    The topcap and hull manufacturing lines are set-up so both are ready for each other at the same time. The carpet and Transom are CNC cut in another room, which is about the only automated production I saw. Most all electronics are installed before the top cap is attached to the hull including the trolling motor.

When the boat is basically complete and through the quality checks, it is lifted and dropped in a tank for last minute checks for leaks and pump operation. The boat then goes to another building for rigging of the jackplate, motor, powerpoles and Talons if required.

Contact information for a Plant tour......
    Richard L Stanley

Quality Assurance Manager
    White River Marine Group
    1275 N. Golden Drive Clinton Mo 64735
    660-890-8922 EXT 702-5722
    Last edited by KCLOST; 09-18-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Nitro has nothing to hide. You can have a free tour of the plant at almost anytime (not 100% sure during this pandemic however). I took the tour years back and was extremely impressed. The boats are truely hand made for the most part. The plant is like you might expect, hot inside, smells like resin, and the floor shows years of work that has been done. But the work is done by actual people who have years of experience for the most part. I believe they are able to get a boat off the line every 14 minutes or so, but it takes 5 days to complete each boat from start to finish. They have multiple molds for most models, so you will see several boats on the line at the same time staged at various phases of the mfg. process. Maybe a Z20, followed by a Z18, ZV19, Z21, just depends on the order sequence.

The hull color patterns are hand taped, masked and sprayed. The glass and resin are also laid down by hand.
    One side of the plant focuses on the hull, while the other side focuses on the top cap that goes with it. The stringer is brought in from another line off the side when the hull is ready for it. I was surprised how substantial the stringer system was. It is one solid piece, not in pieces. The foam is added after that glass bond has cured.
    The topcap and hull manufacturing lines are set-up so both are ready for each other at the same time. The carpet and Transom are CNC cut in another room, which is about the only automated production I saw. Most all electronics are installed before the top cap is attached to the hull including the trolling motor.

When the boat is basically complete and through the quality checks, it is lifted and dropped in a tank for last minute checks for leaks and pump operation. The boat then goes to another building for rigging of the jackplate, motor, powerpoles and Talons if required.

Contact information for a Plant tour......
    Richard L Stanley

Quality Assurance Manager
    White River Marine Group
    1275 N. Golden Drive Clinton Mo 64735
    660-890-8922 EXT 702-5722
    That's good to know. As far as how they are built I wanted to see the process and where/if certain things are done to the hull for strength. Where and how the tanks are mounted. Just see all the crap before it gets covered up. I recently saw a post where the rod tubes fell out of the boat, Not sure if it was a Nitro or a Triton, but the way they did it was cheap and easy. Not a terrible thing since it's just there to hold the tubes in but its the little things. When I worked for a contractor he did some cheap crap and cut corners on stuff to save time and money. When he was done it looked great and you would never know what he did till you tried to replace/work on the house or it just fell apart. SO, Not saying Nitro is cheap but wanted to see if their process is any different than the other brands.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    I like to see how its built and how things are routed, installed, etc. Climbing around in a boat, for me, is only skin deep.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

I like to see how its built and how things are routed, installed, etc. Climbing around in a boat, for me, is only skin deep.
    with the awesome removable rear tubs you can literally see how the tanks are built/mounted.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

19. Moderator
    Unless your thinking about buying one. I dont see why you want to ... just saying

Quote Originally Posted by dartman View Post
    Unless your thinking about buying one. I dont see why you want to ... just saying

Why do you say I'm stirring the pot? Because I asked if there were video's of the plant and the boat building process? Like I said in my original post, I like the new Z20 and Z21 Boats. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask questions about a boat on the board that would know best. My apologies Nitro owners, thank you to those that answered my question.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast