Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Unless your thinking about buying one. I dont see why you want to ... just saying
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA
    2020 1980 VEXUS
    Why do you say I'm stirring the pot? Because I asked if there were video's of the plant and the boat building process? Like I said in my original post, I like the new Z20 and Z21 Boats. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask questions about a boat on the board that would know best. My apologies Nitro owners, thank you to those that answered my question.
    Don't worry about that comment, there is a lot of criticism going on with every boat brand right now. Nitro's have and probably always will get their fair share. We are a fairly affordable (if affordable is right word to use), maybe "least expensive" is better. So with that will come it's criticism.
    Vexus has its own share of criticism right now as well, so maybe that's where Vince is coming from. No harm done...
    Last edited by KCLOST; 09-21-2020 at 03:28 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

2. Member
    I personally i have seen factory tours on youtube and it doesn't matter which boat it is i find it pretty neat to watch.

3. Moderator
    That's right they are all the same. They build them to make $$.
    Vince Dart- Jim Thorpe PA

They do tours of the factory.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Chevy let's you (for a fee) help build the engine on your new custom ordered Corvette. I think it might be fun to have something similar, show up, get a tour, and turn some screws or lay a few pieces of glass on your order while it is being built. I find the process of boat building fascinating.

6. Member
    I've done the Ranger and Basscat factory tours, I probably wouldn't do it again. If you've sniffed one resin factory, you've sniffed them all....
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I've done the Ranger and Basscat factory tours, I probably wouldn't do it again. If you've sniffed one resin factory, you've sniffed them all....

you should tour the Vexus Factory, no resin smell since the fiberglass boats are infused, not sprayed .

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    you should tour the Vexus Factory, no resin smell since the fiberglass boats are infused, not sprayed .
    There is always a trace of resin smell. Vexus isn't the only boat manufacture that uses Infused technology and all those plants had a smell.
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

9. Member
    I had a 18 DC Nitro and loved that boat. I just wanted something bigger back in the day and sold it. I’m looking at all kinds of boats right now and I probably hear more criticism about Nitro than any of them. A lot of cheaper made comments. I’m looking at Bass Cat boats also and man they’re friggin high but the Bass Cat guys claim they’re so much better built and they use better materials and have better trailers also. Shopping for a new boat sucks!

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    I had a 18 DC Nitro and loved that boat. I just wanted something bigger back in the day and sold it. I’m looking at all kinds of boats right now and I probably hear more criticism about Nitro than any of them. A lot of cheaper made comments. I’m looking at Bass Cat boats also and man they’re friggin high but the Bass Cat guys claim they’re so much better built and they use better materials and have better trailers also. Shopping for a new boat sucks!
    When someone spends big bucks its common to feel the need to justify their purchase. BCB are nice, but I don't see anything they do that every other glass boat doesn't do.

11. Member
    How is the customer service with Nitro?

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    How is the customer service with Nitro?
    Good enough, probably not on the BCB level, but when you pay 20k less for something real similar I think that's OK.

Don’t get caught up in “marketing” videos and terminology...all the company’s do a good job on the boats and occasionally you will have an issue.....go take a tour and fish/ride in the ones you like.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

There is always a trace of resin smell. Vexus isn't the only boat manufacture that uses Infused technology and all those plants had a smell.
    The infused technology is used by Nitro as well for the stringer system and consoles I believe.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    The infused technology is used by Nitro as well for the stringer system and consoles I believe.

Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

16. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    i believe Nitro uses a technology called "Closed Cell Bag Molding" - this is where they lay the fiberglass in the molds , apply the resin then put the mold in a "Bag" suck down a vacuum to remove all the air bubbles, this is to attain a higher tensile strength .
    most bass boat companies do this for "Small Parts" , such as consoles, fenders, lids, coin boxes and such.

Infusion is a different process.

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    i believe Nitro uses a technology called "Closed Cell Bag Molding" - this is where they lay the fiberglass in the molds , apply the resin then put the mold in a "Bag" suck down a vacuum to remove all the air bubbles, this is to attain a higher tensile strength .
    most bass boat companies do this for "Small Parts" , such as consoles, fenders, lids, coin boxes and such.

Infusion is a different process.
    Good thing is Vexus has there own category on BBC to talk about all there technology.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12