Removing old stickers

Took off a bunch of old stickers on the Ranger I recently got but I think they've been on it for at least 10+ years if not more; so some left a real sticky residue on the gel coat. I know goo gone would do it but given that its gel coat I wasn't sure if that was a good idea. Figured someone on here must have dealt with it in the past so thought I'd ask.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...

2. Member
    Watching this thread. I'm planning on removing Ranger badging, OB badging, bow numbers and the rest. I have a MotorGuard Stripe Eliminator - waiting on an experienced opinion first.

A high dollar eraser tool will remove everything...however if you don’t have that option, Professional Goof Off, 3M Adhesive Remover in the spray can will both work great. I also use lacquer thinner as well as gas at times. I don’t recommend this for the everyday guy. If you have something stubborn just gimme a buzz I’ll be glad to help.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3M Adhesive Remover I got at NAPA

5. Member
    Thanks for the options guys. Going to see which one of those I can get locally and try it out. I'll let you know the outcome.
    Wishin I Was Fishin...