Lowrance HDS 7 cycling on and off to dark screen

My HDS 7 that I have mounted on the front after it is on a little while will cycle back and forth from light to dark screen over and over again. You can bately see the image when it goes dark. Anyone have any input on why?

2. Member
    A few things to try:
    1. Disconnect NMEA2000 if you have it, see if the problem is still there.
    2. Bring up input-voltage as a screen overaly. With a fully charged battery and nothing else running, it should be around 12,4 to 12,7 somewhere. If it is drastically lower, you have a bad battery or bad electrical system (or both).
    3. Save waypoints and do a hard reset.

3. Member
    Just got the boat and the units came with it, It has a HDS 9 in console and t works fine and the HDS 7 up front - I do not think it has NMEA 2000 but I will double check. Thanks for the info I will check the other stuff out.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    A few things to try:
    1. Disconnect NMEA2000 if you have it, see if the problem is still there.
    2. Bring up input-voltage as a screen overaly. With a fully charged battery and nothing else running, it should be around 12,4 to 12,7 somewhere. If it is drastically lower, you have a bad battery or bad electrical system (or both).
    3. Save waypoints and do a hard reset.
    Thanks for the info - I checked the voltage on the unit and it was 10.1 and so I traced it down to loose fittings under the console and that fixed it. Thanks so much!