dartag1829

Best Mercury service center around Leesburg.

So I am here in Michigan and my Mercury won't run. Problem is the only dealer I would go to is booked until mid November. Was planning on bringing it to Florida this winter near Leesburg in October. . Can anyone recommend a dealer.

Thanks.

2. Member
    Ryan, at RNF Marine.

407-745-5020
    4827 N. Orange Blossom Trail
    Orlando, FL 32810

It is roughly an hour from Leesburg, maybe a shade over depending on where your place is at. But they will schedule an appointment in advance for you. The biggest issue you might face is parts availability. If you know what is wrong, they might be able to get parts ahead of time.

Not trying to bag on the older woman working the front there, but any questions about the work being done or planning to be done, you really want to speak directly with Ryan or somebody from the (work) shop. But be patient...they stay busy!
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

3. Banned
    Or take 44 to Lecanto to GulfToLake.. (keep going to Crystal River for lunch...)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1781ccT View Post
    Ryan, at RNF Marine.

407-745-5020
    4827 N. Orange Blossom Trail
    Orlando, FL 32810

It is roughly an hour from Leesburg, maybe a shade over depending on where your place is at. But they will schedule an appointment in advance for you. The biggest issue you might face is parts availability. If you know what is wrong, they might be able to get parts ahead of time.

Not trying to bag on the older woman working the front there, but any questions about the work being done or planning to be done, you really want to speak directly with Ryan or somebody from the (work) shop. But be patient...they stay busy!

Go see Ryan very good mechanic . His mom works the front desk.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by skydever View Post
    Go see Ryan very good mechanic . His mom works the front desk.....lol
    Well there goes his preferred customer discount......

6. Banned
    One option is to stay in Michigan and go ice fishing. Fewer crowds and less traffic. Last we want is anouther dag gum snowbird down here! I bought a motor from Nobles marine a while back. Mercury dealer right in leesburg. Never used them as a service center.
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 09-17-2020 at 09:53 AM.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blade1970 View Post
    Well there goes his preferred customer discount......

I actually kind of thought so, but my comment still stands. She's a go-between, and based on the conversation I had with Ryan when I picked my boat up, all the things he told her to say weren't communicated to me. I called to check on when I might need to come pick my boat up (it was initially projected to be a same day service so I stuck around Orlando instead of driving home). All she could tell me was "a part had to be ordered". No name of the part. No price for the part. And the only other thing I could get from her was "he makes me call if it's more than $100, so I don't think it's any more than that since he didn't tell me to call".

I was okay with that since whatever needed to be done was still going to be necessary for my motor to work, but it did kick my anxiety into overdrive wondering what it was. Turns out, it was just a hub kit. But for a while, especially since it was days before I could get my boat, my mind was racing and all I could think about was "Break Out Another Thousand", lol.
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

8. dartag1829
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    One option is to stay in Michigan and go ice fishing. Fewer crowds and less traffic. Last we want is anouther dag gum snowbird down here! I bought a motor from Nobles marine a while back. Mercury dealer right in leesburg. Never used them as a service center.
    Luckily I got it fixed. Sadly I will have to spend 4 months in your state. Only ice fishing i do is for Ice Cubes for my drinks. I will honk the horn when we go through Jacksonville. Gets to cold up there.

Some day i may graduate from Snow Bird to Frog. you know what that means.

9. Tony C
    Don’t let the Mauler fool you, he really is a nice guy.
    Ranger Z21/Yamaha HPDI 250

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dartag1829 View Post
    Luckily I got it fixed. Sadly I will have to spend 4 months in your state. Only ice fishing i do is for Ice Cubes for my drinks. I will honk the horn when we go through Jacksonville. Gets to cold up there.

Some day i may graduate from Snow Bird to Frog. you know what that means.
    What would that make ya....an ice frog???? just ribbing ya. FYI BECAREFUL GOING THROUGH JACKSONVILLE.... ya might get shot if you happen to stop in the wrong parts! We have a few shot every night and I believe we lead the state. Its bad bad bad. Partially joking but if ya gotta stop do it after ya get through downtown. Northside isnt where ya want to fill up for gas. Tires might also get stolen, especially if ya got the bling bling on your wheels!
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 09-19-2020 at 10:02 AM.

11. Member
    Haha Mauler those are mine and your customers...well not mine anymore..retired life is good.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebone View Post
    Haha Mauler those are mine and your customers...well not mine anymore..retired life is good.
    Yea, sorry I missed ya the other day. Didnt have ph service in the forest and wound up getting lost for an hour. By the time I put the boat in you had relocated. By the way all the chiefs downtown town wanted me to tell ya hello! Chief Leslenak (spelling), Riska and others from JFRD.

13. Member
    No worries at all sorry we did'nt get to meet up on Kerr the other day. We will have to meet up and wet a line sometime. Tell them guys at HQ i said hello.
    2016 Z521C Yamaha 250 SHO