Thumbs Up Ionics passed the test!

After replacing five AGM31's with dual Ionic starting batteries (125aH) & three trolling motor batteries (100aH) on Sunday, I had the opportunity to get out and give them a workout. The boat weighs between 280-300 Lbs less with the new batteries. The first test was the hole shot. All I can say is WOW! I hit the hotfoot and on plane in seconds with little to no bow lift. Hit 68MPH in no time flat! Next we fired up the HDSLive 16, two HDSLive 12's, The 1222 Garmin & Livescope, the Bird Helix 10 w/MEGA 360, both live wells, deck (10 each) and nav lights. Ran this for six hours, and as a bonus caught 3 3.5 lbs LM bass.

Got done & the two starting batteries were at 85%, trolling motors batteries .... 94%! Bought her back to the garage & all batteries were charged to full charge in under three hours. To say I am pleased & impressed (besides being broke), is an understatement. Andy at Drewcraft is THE man! He assisted me in setting up the right system for my 21PHX. The transformation is complete into the boat I dreamed of owning! Those involved in making this come to fruition: Richie & Sean at Wieda's Marine, Van Foster at Bass Boat Technologies, Andy at DrewCraft, and Brian at BBG Marine. All of these folks are top notch in their field of expertise & I HIGHLY recommend using and supporting them as BBC Sponsors!
    Last edited by km9e; 09-15-2020 at 11:25 PM.
    Richard Viehe
    CRV Communications, Inc, President
    Authorized Bluewater LED Dealer
    Indpls., IN

Career Firefighter/Paramedic, Retired
    Carmel FD, IN

2020 Phoenix 21 PHX
    4 Stroke 250 Pro XS
    Console: Humminbird 12” Solix MSI G3, Garmin 126sv
    Bow: Humminbird 12” MEGA SI, Mega360, Garmin 122sv
    Livescope LVS34
    36V Ghost
    Dual 8' Blade Power Poles

2. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thanks for the review on the Ionics, that is one awesome setup you have and I do appreciate the business, let me know if I can ever help you with anything else in the future.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

3. Member
    Very nice setup and awesome results. Congrats. You have a fair amount of hungry electronics in that PHX. I can see how that can get very heavy using AGMs.

This got me thinking: at what point did you or does anybody decide to move from 4 AGMs to 5 ? or from one main Lithium battery to two?
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

They are amazing.. I've had my 100 AH Ionics for a couple months now. I can literally fish three 8 hour TX without charging. I love that they have no "fade" when there not fully charged and the Bluetooth App lets me know what is exactly going on with them. I only have two HB Helix 12's with 360 & hydrowave and haven't had an issue with the AGM starting battery. I think the charging system on the Merc 4S contributes to that.