625 Pro Elite Top Speed

I’m looking at a 2018 Pro Elite with a 250XS TM2 lower 26P Bravo XS.
    Any idea on average top speeds you guys are seeming from these?
    How’s the ride, handling etc?
    Mercury 3.0l 225EFI
    2001, 0T264057
    250XB Fuel ECU
    300PM ING ECU
    Lightened Flywheel
    63cc heads
    Boyesen 2stage reeds
    Cowl mod

2. Member
    I have an 18 625 with a 18 verado 250 running a 28 bravo stock 2 people tourney loaded 85degree water temp and 100 air temp will run 76 down here in texas
    turning 6150rpms revlimiter is 6400 on my motor in cooler weather most 625 will run 78 to 81 tourney loaded mine has seen 80 with 2 people on chicamonga didnt spell that right i know not with me but previous owner as far as ride goes, very dry handles like its on rails handles big water superbly there is a video of a guy on lake erie in his 625 check it out
    Last edited by camarojockey; 09-16-2020 at 10:10 AM. Reason: adding info

3. Member
    The average 625 with a 250 with 2 guys, full gear, etc, tourney loaded 75-78 depending upon conditions. This assumes a 36v Tm with regular batteries and dual power poles. A Yamaha will get you another 1-2 mph. Lithiums another 2 mph. But overall for mercs the best props has been a 28 bravo 1 XS. Light with one guy they’ll run 78-80. The best bet for a super fast one is no poles, lithiums, and a flashed Sho.

I can run 80mph loaded. Thats with a 300xs and a 29p Bravo xs and a lot of driving. I can run all day at 72 mph without having to drive it much at all. Not sure how these guys are running 80 with a 250 merc "loaded". I would put you around the 72-75mph range.
    But you know most us always add a little more than what reality is. Haha. I do know the SHO has a bit more mph.
    Blazer 625/300xs

5. Member
    I have a 2019 625 with the 250 Merc ProXS 4S and I can run 78.5 in the summer heat loaded for fishing with 2 people. I have run 79.5 loaded (even water in the live wells) in cool weather. I do have lithiums but it's not a problem to run those speeds. Handles great with a 28 Bravo I XS and the holeshot is amazing! I'm really surprised the speed with the 300XS isn't significantly faster for you BlazerVA. On a side note, I hit something and threw a blade Saturday so I'm back to the Tempest for a little while... that did not make me happy!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssntmd8r View Post
    I have a 2019 625 with the 250 Merc ProXS 4S and I can run 78.5 in the summer heat loaded for fishing with 2 people. I have run 79.5 loaded (even water in the live wells) in cool weather. I do have lithiums but it's not a problem to run those speeds. Handles great with a 28 Bravo I XS and the holeshot is amazing! I'm really surprised the speed with the 300XS isn't significantly faster for you BlazerVA. On a side note, I hit something and threw a blade Saturday so I'm back to the Tempest for a little while... that did not make me happy!
    How does the boat handle Bravo vs Tempest?

7. Member
    It's a different boat with the Bravo! It rides and handles so much better with the Bravo and it's a little faster for me. My Tempest is a 27 and the Bravo is a 28. I even had a partner tell me he noticed the difference in ride with the Bravo.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssntmd8r View Post
    I can see that boat running lower 80,s easily not loaded. It’s a light boat. I love that Blazer redefined those boats, it’s something that Bullet should desperately do. People need to give them a second look.

9. Member

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    I can see that boat running lower 80,s easily not loaded. It’s a light boat. I love that Blazer redefined those boats, it’s something that Bullet should desperately do. People need to give them a second look.
    I have a Yamaha and it hates the fury. Loves the t2. I get low to mid 80’s but I have the 650. Can’t wait to see what I get in cooler weather

10. Member
    When discussing speed in these “lighter boats” such as bullet, blazer, gambler, etc. that are faster than your average cookie cutter, and your reporting on your boats speed the details of the load, current, water conditions, water and air temps are significant! Especially the lighter boats. The blazer 625’s are around 1600 lbs now, 650’s are a bit more. Bullets are a few hundred pounds lighter and gamblers are about the same as a blazer now. So for the 625’s, in my research, how you have your boat loaded and setup has a tremendous outcome on speed! Sure a stripped down 625 with smaller graphs, no poles and lithiums will run “loaded to fish” over 80, but the same hull with bigger graphs on the bow and console, power poles, regular batteries, running “loaded to fish” will only get to 74-76. That’s why your seeing such differing results. Please include your boats full details for your speeds. 10-15 years ago these items didn’t exist so never were in question.

11. Member
    DTS, I know we have had a previous discussion on this topic but here's my setup:

36V Ultrex and 12" HDS Live on the bow
    One 12" HDS Live in the dash
    8' Power Poles
    All Lithium batteries (4 12V)
    28 Bravo I XS

I typically don't carry all of my tackle when I'm fishing, I usually have specific conditions and styles that I'm prepared for so others probably carry more weight than me. That being said I have seen 78.5 with two guys in 90 degree weather. I'm sure the Lithium's help a lot, it's amazing how light they are.

12. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS View Post
    When discussing speed in these “lighter boats” such as bullet, blazer, gambler, etc. that are faster than your average cookie cutter, and your reporting on your boats speed the details of the load, current, water conditions, water and air temps are significant! Especially the lighter boats. The blazer 625’s are around 1600 lbs now, 650’s are a bit more. Bullets are a few hundred pounds lighter and gamblers are about the same as a blazer now. So for the 625’s, in my research, how you have your boat loaded and setup has a tremendous outcome on speed! Sure a stripped down 625 with smaller graphs, no poles and lithiums will run “loaded to fish” over 80, but the same hull with bigger graphs on the bow and console, power poles, regular batteries, running “loaded to fish” will only get to 74-76. That’s why your seeing such differing results. Please include your boats full details for your speeds. 10-15 years ago these items didn’t exist so never were in question.
    It isn't just weight, its also added drag and driver ability. Plus, the HP of any given motor can vary + or - 10%. All of that adds up to speeds on different rig can vary 5-10mph.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    It isn't just weight, its also added drag and driver ability. Plus, the HP of any given motor can vary + or - 10%. All of that adds up to speeds on different rig can vary 5-10mph.
    Exactly! Im just saying some more details behind the numbers means a lot so prospective people Thanks for adding the details SSNT, I cant wait to get lithium's in mine!

14. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Driver abilities alone can be 1-3mph. Blazer Prez Keith Craft and I were testing the very 1st 625 and we made back to back passes. My pass was 1.5mph faster.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
    Driver abilities alone can be 1-3mph. Blazer Prez Keith Craft and I were testing the very 1st 625 and we made back to back passes. My pass was 1.5mph faster.
    Impressive! as well Driver Size can be a factor as well.

16. Member
    Gamblers aren’t lite

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Gamblers aren’t lite
    no, they’re not if compared to a bullet but compared to most cookie cutters they are. The new sterling’s and gamblers are heavier than the early models. For an example a 2100 weighed 1600 lbs, about the same as a 625, both boats being 20.5’ or within a few inches and both run similar speeds. I’ve been in quite a few gamblers and owned one for 4 years, also excellent boats but very weight, setup, condition, driver dependent boats.