Unhappy One of the best worst days of fishing I've ever had

Last day of our week long trip to Lake Ontario and the St Lawrence River, and as the post title says, it was one of the best worst days of fishing I've ever had. I've had some bad days before where I haven't executed well on a few fish, or just had bad luck...but this was by far and large the worst day for execution I've ever experienced. Finding fish and getting into them didn't seem to be a problem for us, but oh man, getting them into the boat was an entirely different story. Couple of lost fish that felt really good, and one at the end from my buddy Andrew that was a legit giant smallie. She came up out of the water twice, and the 2nd time was a heart breaker. Hope you enjoy our misery.

the island at 10min mark is one of the stinkiest place ever - AKA Bird chit island

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    the island at 10min mark is one of the stinkiest place ever - AKA Bird chit island
    I don't know man, Blanket Island on the St Lawrence River seemed way worse! We fished around that island on Lake Ontario just fine, but we couldn't fish for more than 5 minutes down wind of Blanket Island before we had to bail, it was atrocious.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    You guys were a riot, really a shame to lose so many fish but a nice video none the less. Spybait! So cool to catch that jump on the video.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    You guys were a riot, really a shame to lose so many fish but a nice video none the less. Spybait! So cool to catch that jump on the video.
    Thanks man, we appreciate it. The spybait is awesome, shame the day didn't go better but that's just how she goes some days. We saw a giant fish in that exact same spot 3 days in a row, and I hooked and lost it the first day we saw it. 2nd day we just saw it roaming. Would be kind of cool to know if it was the same fish every time, I mean it was within a 50 foot circle between all 3 times we saw it, same time of day too, it was wild.