Portable lithium jump starter pack

2018 Mercury Verado 250 Pro. 1251V13LD 2B548755

What amp lithium jump starter pack would I need to purchase to jump start my engine in an emergency? I only have one 36 volt Lithium Pro trollling motor battery is why I could potentially need it.
    2018 21 PHX/Verado 250 Pro

One case where bigger is better.
    I first bought a NoCo 40.. It failed to start my old 2 stroke 300XS on two seperate occasions. It now stays in my pickup and a 70 is in the boat.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    What is your CRANKING battery? Needs to be a dedicated engine cranking battery, AGM with at least 950 CCA.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Cranking battery is a Lithium Pro 3110 with 1500 MCA and 260 RC. Sorry. I see the confusion. I don’t have a 12v to jump off of since my trolling motor battery is a 36v.
    Last edited by Zpage; 09-15-2020 at 10:21 PM.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpage View Post
    Cranking battery is a Lithium Pro 3110 with 1500 MCA and 260 RC. Sorry. I see the confusion. I don’t have a 12v to jump off of since my trolling motor battery is a 36v.
    Do you have a link to that 3310 (36V, 1500 MCA and 260 RC) battery? I looked through their site but didn't run across it...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Cranking battery is a Lithium Pro M3110 12v 110ah 1500mca 260rc. My one 36 volt trolling motor battery is a Lithium Pro M3165 36v 65ah 150rc.
    Having only one 36 volt trolling battery, I am not able to jump start my 12v cranking battery in the event of a dead cranking battery as you would if you had, three 12v batteries to make 36v for the trolling motor. My question is, what size (they are all measured in amps) Lithium jump starter pack would I need to start my 250 Verado from the 12v battery. I am not savvy enough to provide a link to Lithium Pro. Sorry for the confusion and thanks in advance. Bill

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Thanks for clarifying. Interesting read on that battery... 1500 MCA equivalent, but a max 100 amp rating. As for using this in a DTS application, it will "work", but Mercury has been very clear about the AGM recommendation for these engines.

Back to the original question: What you would need would depend on how heavily discharged your cranking battery is. Given the discharge cycle characteristics, if the battery won't crank the engine it's likely HEAVILY discharged.

Probably would be good to have something in the 2000 amp "peak" range (keep in mind, it's not replacing the cranking battery but it's connections are also not wrench-connected). Perhaps the GB-70 or something roughly equivalent.

I will note that I keep a very small, compact unit on my bike. Although I've never needed it for mine- it has saved the day for other riders several times.

8. Member
    Thanks for your response. The reason I asked was I carry a 400 peak amp in my truck that has started other peoples gas and Diesel engines before and bought a 1000 amp one to carry in my boat that wouldn’t even run an air pump to blow up an air mattress while camping this past weekend. So I didn’t think it had any chance to start my outboard. Thanks again.

9. Member
    Watch this video. When he starts the tractor, there is no assistance from the battery. Not sure when he starts the truck. i will caution you though, I had a terrible time ordering straight from Audew. if you go that route, find another seller.

10. Member
    Guys I’m going to chime in on this and don’t do it much but i followed the lithium batteries threads for years and i had the same discussions about using lithium’s to crank the 4 strokes, I started working with the Lithuim Pros guys back in 2015 these guys have been on the ground floor of this technology and they know what there dong in my world ive run every battery made and i have never had one make it a full year, 10mo at the most you name the brand and for 500buck that’s unacceptable so will they work with the 4 strokes absolutely I’m going into my second year and i run two cranking batteries Mercury wont dispute it but they don’t recommend it as for jump starting them i would consult with your battery manufacturer but all that being said buy the battery monitor download the app ive lost one cranking battery had another rebuilt and had one trolling motor battery replaced so no battery is bulletproof but if you take care of them they will take care of you but there sensitive so to your original post be careful hooking them up to anything not made for them.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wash84 View Post
    Guys I’m going to chime in on this and don’t do it much but i followed the lithium batteries threads for years and i had the same discussions about using lithium’s to crank the 4 strokes, I started working with the Lithuim Pros guys back in 2015 these guys have been on the ground floor of this technology and they know what there dong in my world ive run every battery made and i have never had one make it a full year, 10mo at the most you name the brand and for 500buck that’s unacceptable so will they work with the 4 strokes absolutely I’m going into my second year and i run two cranking batteries Mercury wont dispute it but they don’t recommend it as for jump starting them i would consult with your battery manufacturer but all that being said buy the battery monitor download the app ive lost one cranking battery had another rebuilt and had one trolling motor battery replaced so no battery is bulletproof but if you take care of them they will take care of you but there sensitive so to your original post be careful hooking them up to anything not made for them.
    Where’s the popcorn emoji?
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

12. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    No need for one. His motor- he knows Mercury doesn't recommend it, but he owns it (and the results long term, good bad or otherwise).