Thread: Lake Wateree

Lake Wateree

Me and my co pilot is coming to wateree at the end of the month. Never been there, anything we need to look for? Thanks for the input.

2. Member
    Wateree is a pretty safe lake to navigate. Not a lot of stumps or anything like that. A few shallow areas that are marked, but that's it. Fishing should be getting better as it cools down.

Clearwater cove is the largest ramp. Plenty of parking and 4 lane ramp

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobD2369 View Post
    Wateree is a pretty safe lake to navigate. Not a lot of stumps or anything like that. A few shallow areas that are marked, but that's it. Fishing should be getting better as it cools down.

Clearwater cove is the largest ramp. Plenty of parking and 4 lane ramp
    Sounds good, I appreciate that

4. Member
    We'll, we went yesterday, fishing was not the best, caught 1. It's was a great day thought, very pretty place.

5. Member
    They are starting to lower lake level to do work on the dam going to be a year I was told

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime1962 View Post
    They are starting to lower lake level to do work on the dam going to be a year I was told
    Oh yeah, got nervous a few times, in the middle of the lake and the hds says 7 ft. Woo nelly

7. Member
    I read were the dam repair was 2022 and take 11 to 16 months

8. Member
    They are also going to close Clearwater ramp for repairs. Huge drop-off at end of ramp, probably from power loading. Guys getting trailers stuck bad! Not sure how long it will be closed, I had heard rumor 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by BobD2369 View Post
    They are also going to close Clearwater ramp for repairs. Huge drop-off at end of ramp, probably from power loading. Guys getting trailers stuck bad! Not sure how long it will be closed, I had heard rumor 3-4 months.
    That drop off is rough. I found out the hard way.
    USMC Vet!

The lake will be drawn down starting Nov 1 for the winter gradually to 95 by Dec 1 and will be brought back up to 97 by Mar 1...the 16 month drawdown starts Fall of 2021

11. Member
    When the improve the dam anyone hear how low there going

12. Member
    Has the water cleared up any? My friend went striper fishing and said it was muddy.

13. Member
    I fished it last Thursday and there's is nothing but some stain on main body, creeks and I ran to upper dam was clean but the stain was fine not muddy

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    That drop off is rough. I found out the hard way.
    Launch next door to the public landing at the military recreation ramp if you are eligible (active, reserve, retiree.)

15. Member
    When did this drop off start to affect launching?

Launched at Clearwater many times this summer to night fish and did not experience it. Just curious as that is the landing I prefer down there

I was there about two months ago and a gut had to go swimming to get is boat out. As of today, the water is three foot over the dam
    "I see dead people"

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Flop Fisher View Post
    When did this drop off start to affect launching?

Launched at Clearwater many times this summer to night fish and did not experience it. Just curious as that is the landing I prefer down there
    When the water starts getting low. I'm not sure what level the lake as to be for it to come into play, maybe Cattdaddy can chime in on that one.
    USMC Vet!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jamey1e View Post
    When the water starts getting low. I'm not sure what level the lake as to be for it to come into play, maybe Cattdaddy can chime in on that one.

I think at 95 or lower is questionable.

I think its at 103 now, so it shouldn't be a problem dropping off the end of ramp.

19. Member
    A ranger at the state park said the drawdown (Fall of 2021) will 8-9 feet below normal....and stay that way for 12-18 months.
    If so, that will be much lower than I've ever seen it, and I've been going there for 40 years.

More is accomplished with a good attitude and a gun, than with just a good attitude!