Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Love the balata's however was not good enough ball striker to not cut at least 2 every time I played a round and probably scored 2 or 3 more every time. That was the ball I could use to spin enough to make it roll backwards on the green.

2. Member
    Vice Pro Plus. I personally cant tell the difference between it and a ProV1x except the price. FWIW, I would be able to tell the difference if there was one.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnags View Post
    How does the ball take the skill out? It is all about ball striking. If anything, equipment from persimmon age to titanium age has a larger affect than the ball
    Nothing has had a bigger impact on the game of golf than the modern golf ball. You can see players like Jack, making statements back in the late 1990s. Jack basically said if we do not put some reins on the golf ball, we can't build courses long enough, and the great courses of old will be brought to their knees.

I could hit shots that flat out felt like butter when the Balata ball was still in existence. Today, I hit the same flush flighted shot and the the TourV XXXXXXXXXXXXX feels like a the top-flights of old. Yes, these balls today fly straighter, longer ................. I just hate the way they feel.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 12-31-2021 at 09:50 PM.

Vice Pro Plus
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

5. Member
    I'm just getting started but I've played with several balls so far and my favorite so far is the Vice Tour.

6. Member
    Pro-V1* though I am thinking of having Pro-V's for windy days to get the ball down a bit with lower spin.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123