Are these fuses related to the starter?

Does anyone know what these fuses are for? I have 2008 Puma and they are mounted inside the battery compartment on the back transom wall. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

2. Member
    looks like jackplate relays to me

3. Member
    I continue to check online and I think it may be the trim motor relays. I'm trying to find all fuses, relays or other connections related to the starter.
    2008 BassCat Puma with a Mercury 250 Pro XS / 1996 Champion 186 with a Mercury 175 EFI

4. Member
    Jackplate relays as mentioned
    (Trim motor relays are usually under the cowling)
    https://www.iboats.com/shop/detwiler...0motor%20parts
    ><((((º>`·._ .·´¯><((((º>`·. _ .·´¯·. ><((((º>

You need a service Manuel for your motor or post this in the 3.0 Mercury forum describing your problem, include your serial number
    Thank You Leon Pugh

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Starters generally aren’t fused with the traditional type of fuses. The starter draws hundreds of amps with big spikes, so fuses would blow too easily.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Member
    Thanks for the responses! That's helpful.

Actually they do have traditional fuses that are enclosed in a containment under the cowling. Also check the engine ground strap as they fail also. Usually self inflicted by charging and reversing polarity.

9. Member
    The starter usually isn't fused due to the amount of amps they draw, however the ignition wire going to the solenoid is fused. The starter motor will either have a Battery wire (usually 6ga) connected to the service leg of the solenoid, the other side of the solenoid connected to the starter, then the starter grounds through the block, but the ground wire from the battery is usually attached to bolts holding the starter on. Depending on the solenoid, it may have a ground and an ignition, or just and ignition. That wire will be fused usually under the cowl of the motor, close to the starter.
    The relays you pictured, being inside the boat, either belong to a hydraulic jack plate or to power poles. The pair together usually is purposed as reversing relays.
    John