Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Howdy,

To be clear on my comments, which I still stand by, I fish at a lot of resorts in Canada where people keep their boats docked for the duration of their week long stays. It's in these instances where the differences are most noticeable over time.

Yes, paint is very durable on cars, however, we dont tie our car up next to the house overnight when we park it. This is where the difference becomes noticeable over time, even with bumpers which almost everyone has enough common sense to use.

To each their own, but I respectfully disagree on the benefits of paint over flake. Hopefully Hopper proves me wrong in the long run.

Take care,

Ruddiger

2. Member
    this boat looks amazing.... awesome!!!!!!!!!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    My guess a lot of people don't like the paint. Not in the market, but I prefer the gel coat, if Vexus was on a hypothetical list I had the paint only would have it off the list.
    Same for me, Last year I was looking at new boats and Vexus was a no go just because of the paint. A friend has a Vexus and if you hit it swinging a jig back in the boat or god forbid a hook set it chips the paint off down to the primer and its very noticable. Plus it scratches much easier.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

They can build the ones with flake and traditional gel coat faster. Offering this option will allow them to build more boats, get them to dealers/customers faster and appeal to the folks that either prefer the flake look or are just wary of the paint.

Repairs are much easier with paint. Urethane systems today are so forgiving when it comes to Blending.

I know this Morning after blocking an entire bottom of a 520C With fresh gel I wish it had paint!
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

6. Member
    I have had good luck with the clear film protection on some cars I have owned. I have a VX20 and brought the boat to a guy I used in the past to get an estimate on installing some film on the painted surfaces and he said because of all the angles, creases, curves, and water application (requires edges to be sealed) the expense wouldn't be worth it. He said it would be less expensive to just repaint it if it got enough dings that I couldn't live with them anymore.

7. Member
    I agree, based on the price increase for paint, alone.

8. Member
    Noticing the good look with out the hand rails

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pickel View Post
    Noticing the good look with out the hand rails
    I didn’t notice that until you mentioned that. That looks great! Much better than the towel bars.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12